Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default limit on the number of times you can defend yourself? gunowner in jail after 3rd time

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...ail-this-time/

Miodrag Bugarcic seems to attract criminals like a magnet.

But because the Cleveland businessman has used firearms to thwart crimes on his property multiple times — once with lethal results — why crooks keep trying to rip him off is anybody’s guess.

In November 2012, Bugarcic shot and killed a burglar at a property he owns, police told Cleveland’s WOIO-TV. Three weeks later he shot and wounded another one. Bugarcic wasn’t charged in either incident.

This past November, Bugarcic held two men at gunpoint when he found them stripping an air conditioner at that same property he owns, police said.

And on Thursday, Bugarcic used a rifle to shoot and wound another suspected intruder at his vacant property. The suspect was shot in the stomach and buttocks, but police said he stumbled off and was found a few blocks away.

The difference this time is that Bugarcic is sitting in jail while police investigate. The news station reported that Bugarcic had just been to police headquarters to retrieve a gun from an earlier shooting.

Investigators said offenders may be breaking into Bugarcic’s property looking for scrap metal.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: limit on the number of times you can defend yourself? gunowner in jail after 3rd

Wow. That's crazy.

I think I'd move
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

Default Re: limit on the number of times you can defend yourself? gunowner in jail after 3rd

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    Wow. That's crazy.

I think I'd move
    Yeah, sounds like it's time to get out of Dodge.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    Wow. That's crazy.

I think I'd move
    I think if I was a metal scavenger around there I would move!

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post

...Edited for content...

Investigators said offenders may be breaking into Bugarcic’s property looking for scrap metal.
    Yeah, well, you'd think they have found enough lead by now.
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

(Chester County)

It's not fair that one man has so much scrap all to himself. He should have to equally distribute it among the others. This man was shooting people to protect his ill gotten wealth, he should be in jail. Local democrat politicians agree.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    It's not fair that one man has so much scrap all to himself. He should have to equally distribute it among the others. This man was shooting people to protect his ill gotten wealth, he should be in jail. Local democrat politicians agree.
    If you like your scrap, you can keep you scrap.

(Philadelphia County)

Nobody should be arrested without probable cause. It doesn't surprise me that the cops are looking harder for that on the third time around. I'm sure they paid more attention when Drew Peterson's third wife died than they did the first time.

(Chester County)

I am thinking his detention has more to do with the shot in the ass than this being his third time.

Self defense is one thing. Shooting them in the ass tends to suggest that they were not attacking you, without some other good explanation.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sshuker View Post
    I am thinking his detention has more to do with the shot in the ass than this being his third time.

Self defense is one thing. Shooting them in the ass tends to suggest that they were not attacking you, without some other good explanation.
    This was my thought as well. If his double tap was a little slow, then the bad guy could have turned between shots...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast