Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Garrett Industries Holsters Review

I've had a problem with finding a holster I truly liked.

I tried Crossbreed, but experienced kydex failure when my front site gouged a nice line just from practice draws and it eventually cracked along the line. I also found that there was way too much leather and it never sat right with me.

I tried Comp-Tac, which I liked, but the clips and mounting areas felt a little flimsy, the back would also collapse on me when doing practice draws and $90 is a quite a bit of money for me to feel a little "meh" about a product.

I tried White Hat, Alien Gear, Old Faithful. All had the same issue I felt with Crossbreed that there was way too much leather shoved in my pants.

I tried Remora, and while they certainly fit the bill for smaller guns and just throwing a gun in your pants to run an errand real fast, they got uncomfortable or needed slight adjusting after many hours of wearing it.

Then one day I stumbled upon Garrett Industries. Immediately, what struck me was the build quality. No frills, clean, good looking product. What got me the most was the leather lined kydex. You get to keep the rigidity of kydex but the softness of leather that won't mess up the gun finish.

Once again, a pricey holster. But I felt like with the quality that I perceived from the website alone, it was well worth it. From ordering to my doorstep, it was about 10 days, including weekend.

I've ordered 2 different holsters from them for 2 different guns about a year apart. One was for my 1911 which I carried for nearly a year straight, and my newest order was for an MP9c.

I made a small album to show what the one holster looks like after a year of wear and how they look brand new.

The holster for the MP9c is a Silent Thunder. Single point mounting system for easy on and off. I don't think this would fit a large frame gun, but for the MP9c or something similar sized, one clip is enough. I also ordered an additional mounting system that's a tuckable dual loop strut just in case I felt like the single clip wasn't cutting it. You can see from the pictures that the holster doesn't really add any girth to the gun whatsoever. That was my gripe with a lot of holsters, they felt like they added more width than they really needed to. The adjustable cant allows me to carry it AIWB if I felt like I wanted to deep conceal. This holster is brand new, just got it in the mail today.

The holster for my 1911 is the Silent Thunder Fusion. It's a kydex/leather hybrid similar to all the other styles on the market, but using the leather lined kydex. Admittedly, those are Comp-Tac C clips. I prefer the C clips to standard clips that can sometimes get pushed up and off of your belt. Also, the backing includes a layer of closed cell foam to add a bit more cushion between you and the gun with the suede leather backing for even more comfort. The pictures are after a year of carry, and you can see how the leather inside the kydex is still adhered to everything.

I honestly can't recommend them enough. They're tough, comfortable, conceal well and good to look at.
    “Until they become conscious, they will never rebel.” - George Orwell, 1984

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Garrett Industries Holsters Review

Wow they definitely look to be very high quality. I am digging the leather lined kydex configuration.