Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Blair County)

Default Now these people have some balls.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Now these people have some balls.

why can't people post a part of the story in addition to a link?

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowline View Post
    why can't people post a part of the story in addition to a link?
    Are some people sofa king lazy that they cant push on one key?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by jmurda View Post
    If you think that's the reason, then you lose at the internet.

(York County)

We should have a rally in support for the citizens' of CT, disobedience against unconstitutional law.
    Last edited by HUHwhat; February 13th, 2014 at 01:34 PM. Reason: rally, not really - error - fuck up

Quote Originally Posted by HUHwhat View Post
    We should have a rally in support for the citizens' of CT, disobedience against unconstitutional law.
    I'm more worried about our own state at the moment! I'm sure i will see you in April
    People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowline View Post
    It is quite possible then that his links point to bad places, too.
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

(Lancaster County)

It's not a matter of pushing one key. It's a matter that just posting links to a story does nothing when someone wants to actually search for a thread later. There's nothing in the forums database to search for since you've included no important information about what's at the link. Couple that with the cutesy title and you have a completely useless thread when it comes to trying to find it later.

I make it a point of following up on threads, months sometimes more than a year later when I see something that relates to one that was discussed previously. It's impossible to find those threads when there's nothing of substance posted.

But maybe you're just a lazy sofaking because you can't be bothered to actually add some substance to the thread so that others can actually use the forum the way it was intended.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

It's not that hard folks!
    Originally Posted by jmurda
    Originally Posted by Shadowline
    Quote Originally Posted by TaePo View Post
    It is quite possible then that his links point to bad places, too.
    Officials in Connecticut Stunned by What Could Be a Massive, State-Wide Act of ‘Civil Disobedience’ by Gun Owners

On Jan. 1, 2014, tens of thousands of defiant gun owners seemingly made the choice not to register their semi-automatic rifles with the state of Connecticut as required by a hastily-passed gun control law. By possessing unregistered so-called “assault rifles,” they all technically became guilty of committing Class D felonies overnight.

Police had received 47,916 applications for “assault weapons certificates” and 21,000 incomplete applications as of Dec. 31, Lt. Paul Vance told The Courant.

At roughly 50,000 applications, officials estimate that as little as 15 percent of the covered semi-automatic rifles have actually been registered with the state. “No one has anything close to definitive figures, but the most conservative estimates place the number of unregistered assault weapons well above 50,000, and perhaps as high as 350,000,” the report states.

Needless to say, officials and some lawmakers are stunned.

Due to the new gun control bill passed in April, likely at least 20,000 individual people — possibly as many as 100,000 — are now in direct violation of the law for refusing to register their guns. As we noted above, that act is now a Class D Felony.

Mike Lawlor, “the state’s top official in criminal justice,” suggested maybe the firearms unit in Connecticut could “sent them a letter.” However, he said an aggressive push to prosecute gun owners in the state is not going to happen at this point.

Lawlor, the undersecretary for criminal justice policy in the state Office of Policy and Management, also suggested that the legislature should reopen the registration period to encourage more gun owners to register their firearms.

You may recall the viral photo of Connecticut gun owners waiting in line to register their guns in December, which one person said reminded them of the “Weimar Germany.”

Republican state Sen. Tony Guglielmo told The Courant he recently spoke to a constituent at a meeting in Ashford, who informed him that some of his friends with semi-automatic rifles are intentionally taking a stand.

“He made the analogy to prohibition,” the lawmaker recalled. “I said, ‘You’re talking about civil disobedience, and he said ‘Yes.’”

Guglielmo said he really thought the “vast majority would register.”

Other officials think the low registration numbers are due to ignorance on behalf of gun owners who aren’t aware of the new law. It’s impossible to know the main reason why gun owners aren’t showing up to register their guns without hearing from them directly, though Guglielmo’s constituent indicates at least some are practicing “civil disobedience.”

“Sorting out the number of potential new felons is a guessing game. State police have not added up the total number of people who registered the 50,000 firearms, Vance said. So even if we knew the number of illegal guns in the state, we’d have a hard time knowing how many owners they had,” the report concludes.
    People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

(Franklin County)

Thank you

I can't believe that many people registered.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast