Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default How do I keep my Ruger in my pants?

Hi guys...

This is my first post! I'm glad i found this website. Seems like some pretty knowledgable people here.

I want to buy a Ruger SP101 for concealed carry. I want the 3" barrel. Here is the problem: Bianchi makes the "3S" model of inside the pants holster for 2 1/4 inch ruger sp101's but not for 3 inchers... However, they do make a "3S" for S&W 3 inch revolvers... do you think a ruger would fit in the S&W model? Does anybody know of a quality Inside the Pant leather holster for a 3 inch ruger SP101?

I suppose i could have one custom made, but i wouldn't know where to start...

any ideas? thanks guys!

Default Re: How do I keep my Ruger in my pants?

http://www.concealco.com/miva/mercha...05-HOLSTER_FIT

I have a Don Hume Holster IWB for my mod. 66 S&W pretty sure it would fit the rugger as well.
    Depending where you live, you might want to check out your local shops, see what they carry, Most places will let you try on the holster before you buy.

Some places might even have a SP-101 there that you can use to make sure it fits well.

I personally go to Sportsmans warehouse for my needs, they carry pretty well every thing, if they dont have it, they can order pretty quick.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Chester County)

I wouldn't try swapping an SP into a Smith holster.

Like Frenchy said, try Don Hume. They make good holsters, and they're very reasonably priced.

Here are the holsters that they make that fit the 3 1/16" SP-101:

http://www.donhume.com/Products/Prod...n&WeaponID=114

Don Hume is usually my first stop for off the rack holsters.

If you want a custom IWB holster I'd suggest you contact: Milt Sparks (try the Summer Special) or Kramer Leather.

If you're looking for OWB, try Lou Alessi or Del Fatti leather.

If you don't want to wait for a custom to be made, you can call Lightning Arms Sports to see if they have any of the above holsters in stock. You'll pay a premium, but it's worth it. I just bought a Del Fatti from LSA a couple weeks ago. Ordering the same holster from Del Fatti direct takes 18 months, as he has a huge waiting list.
    The material presented herein is for informational purposes only, is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date, does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT act or rely on any information in this post or e-mail without seeking the advice of an attorney YOU have retained.

In plain English, while I am an attorney, I'm NOT your attorney, and I'm NOT giving you legal advice.

(Allegheny County)

No idea what holster to use but lauged out loud when I saw the title to this thread. My mind went straight into the gutter.

From the other posts it sounds like Don Hume is your best bet. But I don't want another guy holding my gun in my pants!
    "Ya only need legs to kick ass baby boy" - Bartender in Feast III

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by GUNRUNNERS OF PA View Post
    No idea what holster to use but lauged out loud when I saw the title to this thread. My mind went straight into the gutter.
    As did I. I reached for the eye bleach
    The material presented herein is for informational purposes only, is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date, does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT act or rely on any information in this post or e-mail without seeking the advice of an attorney YOU have retained.

In plain English, while I am an attorney, I'm NOT your attorney, and I'm NOT giving you legal advice.