Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default DHS to buy more ammo

Just read this. How much do they need?

http://www.infowars.com/homeland-sec...f-sniper-ammo/

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: DHS to buy more ammo

I read in a different article that they shoot 15 MILLION rounds yearly at their training center. That's an insane amount of bullets sent downrange and apparently they don't use different training ammo. It's all hollowpoints.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by KJP442 View Post
    I read in a different article that they shoot 15 MILLION rounds yearly at their training center. That's an insane amount of bullets sent downrange and apparently they don't use different training ammo. It's all hollowpoints.
    That's known as "accuracy by volume".
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Info wars article? Excuse me while I take that evidence with a grain of salt.
    -Ben

F- Hornaday. Boycott them.

Quote Originally Posted by Thursday View Post
    Info wars article? Excuse me while I take that evidence with a grain of salt.
    Normally, Id agree with the bat guano-crazy that occurs on Infowars, but then the government goes ahead and puts out an order that looks like this:

https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportun...=core&_cview=0

Solicitation Number:
    HSCEMS-14-Q-00004
    Notice Type:
    Combined Synopsis/Solicitation
    Synopsis:
    Added: Feb 07, 2014 8:12 am
    This is a combined synopsis/solicitation for commercial items prepared in accordance with the format in the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) subpart 12.6, as supplemented with additional information included in this notice. This announcement constitutes the only solicitation; quotations are being requested and a written solicitation will not be issued. Solicitation Number HSCEMS-14-Q-00004 is hereby issued as a Request for Quote (RFP) to procure Hornady .308 Winchester 168gr A-MAX TAP Ammunition, (P/N: 80965).

The associated North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS) code for this procurement is 332992, Ammunition Manufacturing and the Small Business Size Standard is no more than 1,000 employees. This acquisition is not a small business set-aside. The award is for a firm-fixed price Purchase Order (PO) with a delivery date of 120 days after receipt of order (ARO).

REQUIREMENT:
    Quantity of order is for approximately 141,160 rounds of ammunition (7,058 boxes) of Hornady .308 Winchester 168gr A-MAX TAP Ammunition (P/N: 80965).

PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE: The ordering period of performance will be 120 days ARO.
    At what point is it no longer crazy-talk?
    Last edited by spacemanvic; February 12th, 2014 at 10:30 AM.
    Hold the Line...

(Wyoming County)

They shoot more than our military, but the rules of engagement here in the US are less strict than those in Afghanistan. You have to be fired upon in Afghanistan.
    "I quote no authors but God and experience" Principles Osteopathy

The land o' cotton, old times there are not forgotten

Join the DHS

(Tioga County)

This is even better:

Another strange Obama admininstration arms purchase

On July 29, 2013, the Department of the Army in a Combined Synopsis/Solicitation, Solicitation Number W15QKN13T8513, asked the General Services Administration to procure "592,825 (approx) AK Rifle Magazines: 7.62x39mm Caliber, New Production, Steel, 30 Round Capacity". That many magazines would require 17.8 million rounds just fill each magazine once. What nation or even what moderate Syrian rebel group needs that kind of firepower? That request is far beyond what is needed by any nation that issues AK's to its soldiers except Russia and China. Of course, the US armed forces do not use AK rifles as standard issue.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...#ixzz2t7gdgr8B
    MikeP

(Schuylkill County)

All of these DHS/Military contract RFPs are just that...price quotes and requests for proposal. It is not a guarantee that they get the amount requested and often times the RFPs cover several years.

On top of that, these contracts and RFPs are out there all the time and have been for decades. Why do they come to the forefront now? Because ammo is scarce and consumers need someone else to blame for why there are no boxes on the shelves. Put your tinfoil hat down. Stop buying every stitch of ammo that comes up...preparing for an ammo ban/doomsday/[insert whatever scenario you want to justify having to buy all the ammo everywhere]...and things will come back. The demand is through the roof and it will not change until people stop buying...or buying as much.

Im a recreational shooter. I would probably go to the range if I had a bit more ammo in reserve but I am not going to spend my free time trying to find any shop that has ammo just to buy what I can and then go to the next shop. I have enough to go to the range quite a few times but honestly it has been too damn cold and shitty to make it enjoyable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast