Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Default Re: Sooo, how many people would keep the gun and not say anything about it

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    On the other hand, it's a crime to keep property that you know was sent by mistake.
    Forget a second about the interstate laws involved here guys. Just using Pa. law here. This is from the Pa. crimes code Title 18.

§ 3901. Definitions.

Subject to additional definitions contained in subsequent provisions of this chapter which are applicable to specific provisions of this chapter, the following words and phrases when used in this chapter shall have, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise, the meanings given to them in this section:

"Deprive."

(1) To withhold property of another permanently or for so extended a period as to appropriate a major portion of its economic value, or with intent to restore only upon payment of reward or other compensation; or

(2) to dispose of the property so as to make it unlikely that the owner will recover it.

"Financial institution." A bank, insurance company, credit union, building and loan association, investment trust or other organization held out to the public as a place of deposit of funds or medium of savings or collective investment.

"Firearm." Any weapon that is designed to or may readily be converted to expel any projectile by the action of an explosive or the frame or receiver of any such weapon.

§ 3924. Theft of property lost, mislaid, or delivered by mistake.

A person who comes into control of property of another that he knows to have been lost, mislaid, or delivered under a mistake as to the nature or amount of the property or the identity of the recipient is guilty of theft if, with intent to deprive the owner thereof, he fails to take reasonable measures to restore the property to a person entitled to have it.

(a.2) Felony of the first degree.--Except as provided in subsections (a) and (a.1), theft constitutes a felony of the first degree if:

(1) in the case of theft by receiving stolen property, the property received, retained or disposed of is a firearm and the receiver is in the business of buying or selling stolen property

ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO KEEP THAT GUN?

Quote Originally Posted by 57springer View Post
    I know of several guns being found in the walls of houses being renovated where its taken down to the studs . I understand attic and trunk finds , but IN the wall ??
    I know a guy with a wall gun, and no its not me.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

Default Re: Sooo, how many people would keep the gun and not say anything about it

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    You know what they say, a product of a crime is contraband and receiving a firearm via an illegal interstate transfer is a felony.
    Wiping a server with a cloth is a felony too. Just saying.
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    You know what they say, a product of a crime is contraband and receiving a firearm via an illegal interstate transfer is a felony.
    Okay, let's try this one. You are driving down the road and need to use a restroom, so you pull over and walk into the nearby woods and while doing your business you look up and see a suitcase off to the right. You open up said suitcase and it's full of cash to the tune of 100 thousand dollars in twenty's and hundreds, so what do you do? If you turn it in the authorities will quickly assume it's the "product of a crime" and confiscate the cash. You good with that?
    Relationships between men and women can be difficult - but not impossible.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    Okay, let's try this one. You are driving down the road and need to use a restroom, so you pull over and walk into the nearby woods and while doing your business you look up and see a suitcase off to the right. You open up said suitcase and it's full of cash to the tune of 100 thousand dollars in twenty's and hundreds, so what do you do? If you turn it in the authorities will quickly assume it's the "product of a crime" and confiscate the cash. You good with that?
    You either, A. Don't take it since you know for a fact that it doesn't belong to you. Or B. Turn it over to authorities to find the owner.

What happens to the suitcase of money between the law and the owners is a matter between them.

If the money isn't seize by civil forfeiture and if nobody ever claims it, you may be able to file claim under found property.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

In other news, a certain seller of boots on ebay has seen a substantial increase in his sale volume this week...

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by OwnTheRide View Post
    In other news, a certain seller of boots on ebay has seen a substantial increase in his sale volume this week...
    You mean 6 years ago?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Blair County)

the worst part for the shipper is that it was loaded .
    that offense is like a mail bomb .
    if you ever ship a gun make shore it is unloaded .

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by MOUNTAINORACLE View Post
    This is one of my favorite Backup guns...the Detonics Combat Master chambered in .38 Super with a mild custom by Heine. This "little one" is smaller than an Officers model 1911.

Lets do an experiment with your Detonics, you send it to me with an old pair of raggedy boots by mistake. I'll be able to see whether I'd keep it or return it

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    You mean 6 years ago?
    Well, both, now.

(Berks County)

It's ironic that this necro-thread got bumped. On the truck forum that I haunt, a Canadian guy found a .38 snub and ammo in the wall of a bathroom he was working on. He immediately called Trudeau and turned it in. I'm half surprised that they didn't arrest him anyway up there.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567