Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Default Re: Sooo, how many people would keep the gun and not say anything about it

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Seriously.

The longer I'm here, the more I realize that gun owners may not be the fine, upstanding group of people I thought they were.
    People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

(Mercer County)

Default Re: Sooo, how many people would keep the gun and not say anything about it

Quote Originally Posted by customloaded View Post
    I also thought about the 38 super but most of those are race guns. With that being the case, I imagine a full size 1911 in 38super finding it's way into a pair of winter boots in the manner described in the article. Now, a small revolver, absolutely but not a 38super.
    CL
    This is one of my favorite Backup guns...the Detonics Combat Master chambered in .38 Super with a mild custom by Heine. This "little one" is smaller than an Officers model 1911.

The oracle is in. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!!

Hokkmike Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post
    1911's came in .38Super, but yeah, when I heard .38, I pictured a revolver.
    My thought exactly.

I think I might have contacted the seller first. Not sure why.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by IIIIIREPOIIIII View Post
    Nah, If it's not mine I don't want it. That's my rule.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    I would contact the seller and tell him he sent me his gun and let him deal with all the costs and paperwork of getting it sent back to him. It obviously wasn't what the buyer paid for. Is being honest now a bad thing too?
    I'd probably contact the seller and see if he is missing anything he would like returned (without identifying the item) and go from there.

That said, I'm very relieved that Ebay is taking this matter very seriously.

^^^^^ these. I'd contact the seller. If he just made a dumb mistake, I'd give it to my FFL and let the seller arrange for shipment. No reason to involve the police and get the poor guy in trouble if there's nothing nefarious going on.

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/...-purchase.html

“It’s a little scary it made it all the way from Florida loaded, with the safety off. I think everyone's lucky nothing terrible happened.”

."
    I cant believe a state of emergency wasn't declared. At least they should of done was put up road blocks and locked down the town this happened in.

I could imagine if were ever to happen in my neighborhood. I better go out and buy milk and bread.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    I better go out and buy milk and bread.
    And don't forget the toilet paper, too!

Quote Originally Posted by pennlineman View Post
    Nah, If it's not mine I don't want it. That's my rule.
    +1...

Forget all the other reasons others have mentioned (possible set up, scared of it, etc etc), I wouldn't keep it because I didn't pay for it, and to my knowledge no one willingly gave it to me. The end.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    ^^^^^ these. I'd contact the seller. If he just made a dumb mistake, I'd give it to my FFL and let the seller arrange for shipment. No reason to involve the police and get the poor guy in trouble if there's nothing nefarious going on.
    I'd probably contact the seller and see if he is missing anything he would like returned (without identifying the item) and go from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    I would contact the seller and tell him he sent me his gun and let him deal with all the costs and paperwork of getting it sent back to him. It obviously wasn't what the buyer paid for. Is being honest now a bad thing too?
    These,
    Sounds like the guy accidently shipped his home defense firearm that he had buried in an old shoe box.
    I would contact the seller and let him handle it's return. I surely wouldn't keep it and contacting the police would be a last resort only if the guy is a complete dick about it.
    If for some reason the guy says he doesn't want it back I'm not sure what I would do with it, possibly destroy it myself, maybe go to an FFL and transfer it to me to start a new paper trail on it. That would be a decision that would require some research and thought.
    Last edited by ray h; February 8th, 2014 at 11:35 AM.

(Allegheny County)

All interesting answers. I always like hearing people say you should have an unregistered filed down gun you can plant on a home invader should the need arise. But I thinking rather not have a chance of being caught like that and besides, a good shoot is a good shoot. Yeah I'd ask the guy if he was missing anything. If it was his, in sure a little bit of thinking would cross his mind. Then I would arrange the FFL transfer. I imagine this was very much a mistake.

Btw, people should take away from this that guns don't just "go off" even in the hands of the US postal system.

If this was an honest mistake, how much trouble is this seller in?
    "Governments... derive their just powers from the consent of the governed."

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast