Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Default IWB holster for appendix carry?

Anyone have some recommendations for IWB holsters mainly for appendix style carry (12 or 1 o'clock position)? I've been using a cheap Blackhawk nylon holster for a while but want something a little more sturdy. I have a couple crossbreed supertucks that are great for 3- 4 o'clock position but are too big for comfortable appendix carry. I also don't want a holster that angles the gun like crossbreeds, prefer to have it straight up and down. Gun that will be used is a Glock 26 if that matters

(Chester County)

Default Re: IWB holster for appendix carry?

I just ordered a Foxx "Little Foxx" which I have read a good amount of people like wearing it aiwb. It is adjustable for straight up and down or a forward cant. It will hopefully be here next week so I can give you a bit more personal opinion at that point, although I will be wearing it at about 4 oclock.

(Bucks County)

I've always liked the Bianchi Professional. Very comfortable for IWB carry. One steel belt clip, easy on and off. Suede side against your body that goes up as high as the gun. Nice in these temps we've had for a month. You can usually get them for under 40 bucks.

(Lancaster County)

I recently picked up a Crossbreed appendix carry for my G27. I thought it would really be what I'm looking for. The gun rides straight up and down and has good retention but the whole holster tends to flip forward and come out of my waisteband. I think the problem is the short barrel if the 27. I will try in with a 19 or 17 and see if that helps. That said the iwb champion in my opinion is still the Mitch Rosen clipper.
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

Raven Concealment VG2. What I use with my g26 and g19.

(Lancaster County)

I've been carrying appendix for a number of years now and have settled on a Blade-Tech appendix holster like this one:

http://shop.blade-tech.com/klipt-app...c-1_13_22.html

I only learned of this guy after I got the Blade-Tech, or I would have sent him my business. He's local in Lancaster and a hardworking guy who makes a great product. Here's his appendix version:

http://www.vigilancetactical.com/sto...ry-hoster.html

A friend has two of them and they are very well made and also have slight cant adjustment available.

Good luck.

(Chester County)

http://www.phlster.com/

http://shop.customcarryconcepts.com/Shaggy-AIWB-SHG.htm

https://otghex.com/products/mki-insi...vselect=group3

I have all three of the brands for different guns and they are all great. You can't go wrong with any of them. Phlster is from Philly if you want to keep the money in state.

(York County)

I'll prolly get flamed for this, but my personal opinion is that appendix isn't as wonderful as it's made out to be. If you never have to bend over or sit for more than 10 minutes, you might find it viable. It just seems like reinventing the wheel one more time ( and it's still round!). I tried my IWB rig at appendix position for a short while. It's a Mark Garrity forward cant rig with a strong metal clip. I was told the holster has to be specific for AIWB carry that's why it didn't work for me. Yeah....how bout this. It ain't for me. Not saying it isn't for you, but you apparently need a holster that melds perfectly with your DNA, 'cause it isn't ever going to be my mode of carry.

Some things I don't like: not being able to comfortably bend forward, not being able to sit without having a barrel digging a new hole in my lower ab area, having a loaded gun pointing at my fem art or male junk every time I move, having my gun "out front" and at the disposal of whomever I'm trying to defend against, having a gun pushing into my appendix 24/7. I believe it's a fad, and I believe it will run it's course and die a slow, silent death. I also have a dinosaur tail and a stack of wooden nickles. Not for me, thanks. Maybe it'll work for you. Best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by mosseater View Post
    I'll prolly get flamed for this, but my personal opinion is that appendix isn't as wonderful as it's made out to be.
    If it doesn't work for you, then it doesn't work for you -- no harm, no foul. I prefer to carry AIWB for several reasons, and put up with some of the discomfort and risks you raise, but that's another topic for another day.

I have this for my Springfield XD-S 9mm, and just ordered one for my Glock 26:

http://nsrtactical.com/index.php?mai...products_id=19

I'm not a fan of the pull-the-dot loops, and the loop by the pistol grip was interfering with my ability to get a good grip on the drawstroke, so I modified it with a standard belt clip between the pistol and mag, and a strut belt clip by the pistol grip, both from Comp-Tac. EDIT: added pics.

Here's how it came stock -- in addition to the grip access issue, notice how high it rides. Also, the belt loops aren't adjustable for ride height:

After I modded it using the adjustable Comp-Tac belt clips, I was able to get it to rider lower while still giving me full, clean access to the grip (yes, it does have a little bit of a cant to it now, but I didn't find it to be an issue):

EDIT #2: just got my holster for my G26 -- Dave is now using belt loops that are adjustable for both ride height and belt size.

Hope that helps a little...
    Last edited by AJChenMPH; February 20th, 2014 at 04:56 PM.

(Lancaster County)

If you haven't found what you're after yet, I may have a couple options for you and can build to suit as well. I am just over the river in Lancaster.

Frame mounted clip, tuckable and over the trigger are pictured. Soft and 'J' hooks etc are available as well as hybrids. Full sweat guards that protect against sharp sights are standard. Ramp pictured on the back of the G19 aids in keeping the grip twisted in and helps to avoid the 'rolling out' you get with some short slides

I find appendix carry fast and convenient if it fits your body type.

<a href=http://vigitac.com target=_blank>http://vigitac.com</a>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast