Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Luzerne County)

Talking Re: Gunn Shops in / around Luzerne Cty.

Quote Originally Posted by ktl5005 View Post
    So I have heard before also. BUT the Walther felt the best in my hand compared to the Ruger.
    The walther does feel good in the hand...

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Gunn Shops in / around Luzerne Cty.

What kind of deal yas gettin on brick .22lr ammo and 45acp at Advanced Arms?
    "You Gotta Kill it!...To Grill it!"..."Whack 'em an Stack 'em!"

(Lackawanna County)

I buy my ammo from freedommunitions.com in bulk for range shooting.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by salmonrebel View Post
    What kind of deal yas gettin on brick .22lr ammo and 45acp at Advanced Arms?
    45acp is about 22-25 for target, 22 bricks (when they have them) are 20-25 depending on manufacture.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelfisher View Post
    Ed, advanced arms is a nice place, and Chris and Mary are well informed and very friendly and helpful, but not too much in the way of selection other than class 3 arms and glocks. Not taking anything away from this excellent gun store though, as I myself have witnessed them NOT gouging their prices as well.

We appreciate the positive part of your post, but I do feel compelled to dispute the statement about our selection. (no hard feelings either)

On average we try to have 100 to 130 handguns on display at any given time + additional stock on the side (of the faster moving models).

The only time in the past few years it was less than that was during the DEC 2012 through MAY 2013 buying rush. At the time of this post, there are at least 100 handguns on display.

Out of those 100 to 130 handguns normally on display, Glock only accounts for about 15 units. The rest is mainly composed of Springfield Amory, Ruger, Smith & Wesson, Colt, Sig, Beretta, FN, Walther. Many are mid to large service style pistols, but there are snubby revolvers, pocket pistols, compact carry guns, regular revolvers, .22 pistols, and 1911s. We have some other brands on occasion to include HK and CZ....but we try to stay mainstream and stock what sells regularly.

That being said, we hear often from customers that we have one the best selections of handguns in the area.

What you won't find is High Point, Jimenez, Jennings, Charter Arms, Phoenix Arms, Cobra, other off brand stuff, most of the Keltec line, and most of the Taurus line. Our focus is on selling firearms of a particular level of quality, which translates into a reliability and accuracy. Kind of like Snap-on, Craftsman, and Mac tools they last and perform right. So, if our selection is limited in regards to those brands...I am ok with that.

Some shops will sell anything to sell anything. We don't and we constantly refine our inventory, dropping accessories and firearms that have frequent issues. By doing this we are confident in the quality of the items we sell.

As for long guns our focus is ARs, various MSRs, and Police Shotguns.
    You will find a mix of 22s, bolt guns and other various pieces.
    We are definitely light on hunting rifles and shotguns, as they are not my specialty.

I would rather specialize in handguns and MSRs then try to cover every base. There are some other good shops out there that do the opposite of what we do....so I don't think customers have a lack of options when it comes to hunting guns in NEPA. Like other have mentioned, we can certainly order what you like and very happy to do so. Depending on manufacturer production and distributor inventory, some items are a quick as a day away.

When it comes to prices of everything, especially guns and ammo, we try to be super competitive, but still offer a better customer service level.

During the gun buying rush of 2013, our over the counter prices were based the same markup structure we have always used, meaning an $800 AR was an $800 AR....not $1000 to $1600.

Ammo....same thing...normal markup. On average our ammo is cheaper than the BIG MART Store....I check their prices every time I happen to be up there.

I am always happy to give customers written out the door prices, because I am confident we will be one of the cheapest out there. My suggestion to everyone no matter where you shop....get an out the door price and confirm the item part number. This will ensure you are getting the right item and the right deal.

We kept our pricing the same to show our loyalty to customers and maintain a reputation of integrity and fairness. We also wanted to keep customer shooting at an affordable price so they can enjoy the sport.

Thank you all of our customers and supporters.....we greatly appreciate it!

Check out the Saturday 3/29/2014 issue of the Times Leader. You will find a special insert with "The Best Of" winners. Over 100 categories, including best local firearms dealer. Which I am elated to say, we are the winner of. Thank you to everyone that voted for us!!
    Last edited by AdvancedArms; March 26th, 2014 at 01:43 PM.
    Chris

570-655-GUNS (4867)
    NEW STORE HOURS!!!!
    Class III Dealer

(Lackawanna County)

Well said Chris (or Mary)! Without a doubt your shop sets the bar for all others to be judged against for modern non-hunting arms.

(Luzerne County)

I don't often buy guns but when I do.........ADVANCED ARMS!
    "I think it would have been cheaper if we picked are own cotton"

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by AdvancedArms View Post
    We appreciate the positive part of your post, but I do feel compelled to dispute the statement about our selection. (no hard feelings either)

On average we try to have 100 to 130 handguns on display at any given time + additional stock on the side (of the faster moving models).

The only time in the past few years it was less than that was during the DEC 2012 through MAY 2013 buying rush. At the time of this post, there are at least 100 handguns on display.

Out of those 100 to 130 handguns normally on display, Glock only accounts for about 15 units. The rest is mainly composed of Springfield Amory, Ruger, Smith & Wesson, Colt, Sig, Beretta, FN, Walther. Many are mid to large service style pistols, but there are snubby revolvers, pocket pistols, compact carry guns, regular revolvers, .22 pistols, and 1911s. We have some other brands on occasion to include HK and CZ....but we try to stay mainstream and stock what sells regularly.

That being said, we hear often from customers that we have one the best selections of handguns in the area.

What you won't find is High Point, Jimenez, Jennings, Charter Arms, Phoenix Arms, Cobra, other off brand stuff, most of the Keltec line, and most of the Taurus line. Our focus is on selling firearms of a particular level of quality, which translates into a reliability and accuracy. Kind of like Snap-on, Craftsman, and Mac tools they last and perform right. So, if our selection is limited in regards to those brands...I am ok with that.

Some shops will sell anything to sell anything. We don't and we constantly refine our inventory, dropping accessories and firearms that have frequent issues. By doing this we are confident in the quality of the items we sell.

As for long guns our focus is ARs, various MSRs, and Police Shotguns.
    You will find a mix of 22s, bolt guns and other various pieces.
    We are definitely light on hunting rifles and shotguns, as they are not my specialty.

I would rather specialize in handguns and MSRs then try to cover every base. There are some other good shops out there that do the opposite of what we do....so I don't think customers have a lack of options when it comes to hunting guns in NEPA. Like other have mentioned, we can certainly order what you like and very happy to do so. Depending on manufacturer production and distributor inventory, some items are a quick as a day away.

When it comes to prices of everything, especially guns and ammo, we try to be super competitive, but still offer a better customer service level.

During the gun buying rush of 2013, our over the counter prices were based the same markup structure we have always used, meaning an $800 AR was an $800 AR....not $1000 to $1600.

Ammo....same thing...normal markup. On average our ammo is cheaper than the BIG MART Store....I check their prices every time I happen to be up there.

I am always happy to give customers written out the door prices, because I am confident we will be one of the cheapest out there. My suggestion to everyone no matter where you shop....get an out the door price and confirm the item part number. This will ensure you are getting the right item and the right deal.

We kept our pricing the same to show our loyalty to customers and maintain a reputation of integrity and fairness. We also wanted to keep customer shooting at an affordable price so they can enjoy the sport.

Thank you all of our customers and supporters.....we greatly appreciate it!

Check out the Saturday 3/29/2014 issue of the Times Leader. You will find a special insert with "The Best Of" winners. Over 100 categories, including best local firearms dealer. Which I am elated to say, we are the winner of. Thank you to everyone that voted for us!!
    Do you stock used handguns (Semi-Auto) ?

(Luzerne County)

Yes they do carry used pistols and long guns. Fair prices also.
    "I think it would have been cheaper if we picked are own cotton"

(Luzerne County)

New hours are coming.

By popular request to open earlier in the day, we are kicking off new store hours on June 1st 2014.

Tuesday through Friday will be 11:00am to 8:00pm
    and
    Saturday 11:00am to 4:00pm

Thanks for all of the support, purchases, & feedback!!!
    Chris

570-655-GUNS (4867)
    NEW STORE HOURS!!!!
    Class III Dealer

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123