Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Clinton County)

Post Whole process (Trust) from start to getting that NFA item in your hand

I was wondering if someone could shed some light on the steps that you encounter when buying NFA items. (Through a trust)

A example that I saw (but for GA and very in-depth)
    http://fnforum.net/forums/sbr-suppre...nfa-trust.html

So some questions my dad and I would want answers would be:
    After creating a trust, what will you have in papers? Like 2 pages, or how many sections, names of those.

Then when you have that stuff squared away, buying process, Go to my local Class 3 dealer and say I want this can, what do you need and what will they have you do.

Any input would be helpful. Thank you.
    I'm finally 21 and almost a real "Adult" according to the Govt

(Butler County)

Default Re: Whole process (Trust) from start to getting that NFA item in your hand

It'll take a week or so to get your trust. 1/2 hr to pick out a NFA item at a gun shop. 11 MONTHS to wait on the ATF paperwork. The trust is the easy part. Not cheap, but neither is NFA stuff. Prince law firm did mine and I'm quite happy

(Blair County)

Default Re: Whole process (Trust) from start to getting that NFA item in your hand

i have prince trust it's 30 some pages you will need a copy of it or scan it and get enrolled in the e-file system they say it is a lot faster . you know the trust window maybe shut soon who knows . you will have to have a person you want to leave your items to when die and their info
    Last edited by mmi; February 11th, 2014 at 02:10 PM.

(Allegheny County)

I was wondering if someone could shed some light on the steps that you encounter when buying NFA items. (Through a trust)

So some questions my dad and I would want answers would be:
    After creating a trust, what will you have in papers? Like 2 pages, or how many sections, names of those.
    these can vary. a guy i just meet had his done by someone else, and it is only 10 pages. mine is 30-some.

Then when you have that stuff squared away, buying process, Go to my local Class 3 dealer and say I want this can, what do you need and what will they have you do.
    if you efile, you will have to a PDF copy of your trust so they can email it to the ATF. i have heard of dealers doing this differently. you have to find out in detail how they do it.

if you paper file, then you have to make a copy of your entire trust and mail it to the ATF with 2 copies of your F4, and your check.

plunk down your $1000, and sit back and wait...........

i had josh prince do mine. very well worth the money. he has answered some questions of mine, and he didn't even bill me!!! lol my first round of NFA stuff, my dealer screwed up the paper work, twice. i was lucky that i caught it the first time. he didn't sign the F4. after he signed it, i scanned it and sent it to josh so he could double check it, and he pointed out another error.

also, if you paper file, send it yourself. i have read too many horror stories of the dealer letting it sit in a pile for weeks before sending it in.

(Allegheny County)

keep notes on everything.

the day you submitted, the day it was recieved, the day the check was cashed, the day it went pending, the receipt from to post office of the delivery confirmation. i keep copies of the checks i send, and copies of both F4s.

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by corey4 View Post
    keep notes on everything.

the day you submitted, the day it was recieved, the day the check was cashed, the day it went pending, the receipt from to post office of the delivery confirmation. i keep copies of the checks i send, and copies of both F4s.
    Great info and input, thank you.
    I'm finally 21 and almost a real "Adult" according to the Govt

Will reply later. No time now. I can give a detailed account. Look for an edit
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

I'd recommend efiling as it seems to be faster, which makes no sense to me.

My TBAC 30P-1 was just approved and I picked it up today...I waited over 11 months. The time line is getting crazy. My first NFA took three weeks total as opposed to over 11 months for my TBAC.

Using a Trust I drafted myself:

Snail mail way: 9 months

eForm: 4 months

*eForms MUST use a Trust or LLC and you need to upload a copy of that document.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

(Allegheny County)

Does anyone know of any other requirements to register the trust anywhere prior to purchase. I have the Trust paperwork, notarized, and am ready to purchase. Anything I am missing? I want it to be totally legal....I live in Allegheny County in PA. If anyone knows of anything else I need to do PLEASE let me know. I want this to go smooth and be done right the first time. Thanks all!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast