Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default GABBY GIFFORDS' GUN CONTROL PAC RAISED NEARLY $12.5 MILLION IN 2013

Those who aren't NRA members, I would hope this will get you to reconsider. They're coming.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...illion-In-2013
    Gabrielle Giffords' gun control super PAC, Americans for Responsible Solutions (ARS), raised nearly $12.5 million in 2013.
    The Huffington Post reported that ARS raised $6.6 million in the first six months of 2013, which was "more than any other super PAC." They raised approximately $5.8 million to finish out the year.
    According to USA Today, in the last half of 2013, ARS benefited from big donations from "Texas-based Mostyn Law Firm," which gave $500,000, and "Silicon Valley venture capitalist Andrew Rappaport," who gave $100,000.
    Giffords and her husband Mark Kelly plan to use the money to get pro-gun control candidates elected to Congress in November.
    According to The Center of Public Integrity, ARS's fundraising performance was indicative of "liberal-aligned super PACs [which] combined to raise more than $40 million" in 2013. On the other hand, conservative-aligned super PACs raised a combined $20 million.
    Michael Bloomberg's gun control super PAC, Independence USA, "raised nearly $6 million last year." That money will also be used in an attempt to impact congressional elections in November.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Chester County)

Default Re: GABBY GIFFORDS' GUN CONTROL PAC RAISED NEARLY $12.5 MILLION IN 2013

Just think of the huge salary, and benefits her, and her husband are getting from the $12.5MM income.

I bet NRA members gave either financially or worse at the polls.
    FUCK BIDEN

(York County)

" Give money 'cause I was shot, help me get rid of guns so they don't shoot me again. "
    I find the Gifford's using the tragic nature of her shooting just as deplorable as the way the victim's of Sandy Hook were trotted out for emotional blackmail.
    TERRA MAGNUM IMPERIUM

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by DClan View Post
    " Give money 'cause I was shot, help me get rid of guns so they don't shoot me again. "
    I find the Gifford's using the tragic nature of her shooting just as deplorable as the way the victim's of Sandy Hook were trotted out for emotional blackmail.
    In our eyes deplorable but not going to stop the assault b

Join the NRA.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by DClan View Post
    They have proven they will use lies, deceit, props like Brady, and Giffords, pure emotion, rigged surveys, celebrities, and anything else they can use to take away our rights.

I think she & Mark know full well they are part of a movement dedicated to a total gun ban (excepting bolt action and hunting shotguns). They're part of the fiction of "reasonable, common sense gun laws."

(Lackawanna County)

Except both still own guns. They just view themselves as an elite group that the rules don't apply to. On the other hand the fudds are just as bad because they think the legislation won't affect them so they don't bother to fight it

Hokkmike Guest

I can well understand Gabby and her husband's position. If I had been shot in the head I might feel the same.

This is not personal. (except and only on her & her hubby's part) We need to combat their efforts with money and facts of our own.

We should avoid personal criticism or references to her altogether and go with the facts and the Constitution.

What happened to her was wrong. But our position to RKBA is right.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    Those who aren't NRA members, I would hope this will get you to reconsider. They're coming.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...illion-In-2013
    Gabrielle Giffords' gun control super PAC, Americans for Responsible Solutions (ARS), raised nearly $12.5 million in 2013.
    The Huffington Post reported that ARS raised $6.6 million in the first six months of 2013, which was "more than any other super PAC." They raised approximately $5.8 million to finish out the year.
    According to USA Today, in the last half of 2013, ARS benefited from big donations from "Texas-based Mostyn Law Firm," which gave $500,000, and "Silicon Valley venture capitalist Andrew Rappaport," who gave $100,000.
    Giffords and her husband Mark Kelly plan to use the money to get pro-gun control candidates elected to Congress in November.
    According to The Center of Public Integrity, ARS's fundraising performance was indicative of "liberal-aligned super PACs [which] combined to raise more than $40 million" in 2013. On the other hand, conservative-aligned super PACs raised a combined $20 million.
    Michael Bloomberg's gun control super PAC, Independence USA, "raised nearly $6 million last year." That money will also be used in an attempt to impact congressional elections in November.

A lady has to earn a living. Much like Jim Brady she needs to pay a heap of medical bills and rehab costs.

She sure isn't going to get hired by NRA. They don't pay as well as these "Progressive" outfits.

So she hired herself out. She's already proven that she was for sale - she used to be in Congress.

$12,500,000 is chump change in DC. She and her husband probably get ten times as much in "In Kind" services from the Media just from the free publicity.

When she starts complaining that Chicago, Washington DC and New York gun laws are "too restrictive" I'll start to maybe consider her reasonable. Until then she's just the Brady Campaign's imaginary "Right Wing".
    Last edited by GeneCC; February 2nd, 2014 at 04:12 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast