Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Glock 42 - Upcoming Range Report

Hi All, this past Monday, 27 JAN 14, GSSF sent me my yearly membership coupon to purchase a Glock pistol at a reduced price. So on Tuesday I headed over to Delia's Gun Shop on Torresdale Ave (19149). Told the gun shop manager I wanted to place an order for a Glock 42. He says, " Hold on for a few minutes and I will take your order." A few minutes later the manager returns and asked me if I wanted the Glock 42 NOW. Well yea. Here it is.

So twenty minutes later I walk out the door with my Glock 42. Out the door price $370.00 for GSSF members.

I have not yet shot the Glock 42, but it feels real comfortable in my hand, even with my pinky curled under the magazine.

I will give range info ASAP.

Have a good day.
    First generation American by birth. Patriotic Veteran by choice.

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: Glock 42 - Upcoming Range Report

Congrats - look forward to the range report. I'm going to get one "just because". Great price, especially seeing people have been paying over $700 for them to be first!!! I'll go $420 tops which I'm pretty sure is where my lgs will be, somewhere under $420. Enjoy!
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Philadelphia County)

Thank you, because of my work schedule MON, 3 FEB 14, will be my open range time.

(Philadelphia County)

Hi All, I got to the range (Pistol People) yesterday. After firing 20-25 rounds, I fired for effect/accuracy. At 10 yards I was able to place 4 out of 5 rounds in a six inch grouping. I am not a great marksman, but I was satisfied with the results. Others, I am sure will shoot tighter groups.

The Glock 42 has a crisp recoil that is very manageable, but after shooting 50-60 rounds my trigger finger was feeling the effects of the recoil.

I had two FTF (out of 80 rounds), and I will blame this on possible limp wristing. I am going to shoot again next week, and make sure there is no limp wristing.

In comparison, when shooting my SIG P238 (400-450 rds.) I have experienced less recoil and no noticeable effect on my trigger finger. About 4-5 FTF's, and similar grouping.

Both of these weapons are great pocket pistols in my opinion. The Glock 42 does have a distinct advantage over the SIG P238 in that it does not have any external safeties.

In the meantime, I will pocket carry the Glock 42.

Have a good day

Smile Re: Glock 42 - Upcoming Range Report

Got my Glock 42 down in Florida OTD for $449 tax included.My impressions are JMO,after 50 rounds WWB no FTFs or FTEs,snappy little sucker amost too small JMO,It would be well suited to come with pinky extensions for controllability,accuracy was better than above 3 inch groups at 10 yards.Now JMO but when Glock comes out with their 9mm version a tad longer because of the 9mm round and with pinky extensions it will be my gotta have it gun ! Comparing the 42 to my Kel-Tec PF 9 they are the same weight,42 smaller in the mag well than the KT but the KT has pinky extensions and find the KT is better controlled at point shooting and not aiming.Remember these are JMO for a Glock 42 owner ! Temperature outside is 82 at 2 pm today will send warmer weather up to my friends and neighbors in Pennsylvania !

(Philadelphia County)

Marine Division TWO - I agree, the Glock 42 will be easier to handle/shoot with magazine extensions. Have had no luck locating after market extensions in stock. WWW.gallowayprecision.com does list a + 1 extension for future sale. Temp is 33 F here in Philly.

Enjoy the sun.

(Montgomery County)

My 42 has been flawless for the 200 + rounds put thru it.
    Accuracy improved for me , after having Custom 3 dot Trijicon night sights installed.
    Local gunsmith Sean Reed @ CDI Custom knife & Guns inc. in Chalfont, Pa. made it happen.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by traptroopr; February 23rd, 2014 at 11:09 PM. Reason: add picture

(Blair County)

My 42 has been great. I have about 50 rounds through it because this weather sucks, but no malfunctions, and I was hitting plates at 20 yards that I couldn't touch with my LCP.
    I can take an assbeating like its nobodys business" - Doug Bryant

(Philadelphia County)

Hi All, I went to Pistol People's range last night and shot about forty rounds. The Glock 42 was already chambered 6 + 1. After firing the first round, the next round did not chamber, but hung up.

Cleared the jam, and fired another 30-35 rounds with no problems.

With approximately 100 rounds fired I have had three malfunctions to chamber the second round.

Looking for input.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by laen3145 View Post
    Hi All, I went to Pistol People's range last night and shot about forty rounds. The Glock 42 was already chambered 6 + 1. After firing the first round, the next round did not chamber, but hung up.

Cleared the jam, and fired another 30-35 rounds with no problems.

With approximately 100 rounds fired I have had three malfunctions to chamber the second round.

Looking for input.
    3 malfunctions in the first 100 rnds IMO is not good for a Glock. If it were me I wouldn't carry it until I ran about 500 flawless rnds through it, but that's me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast