Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Roadkill Q's

(Columbia County)

Default Roadkill Q's

As I go down the road anymore there seems to be a lot of roadkill. Mostly possums and coons but an odd m'rat or two. And was wondering if there was a law regaurding the keeping of these critters for personal use( leather and pelts). I don't think it should bother them all that much if you take them they would just rot anyway. Just thought I'd check here before I go and start collectin critters. Also, would any one know if gopher leather is good for anything?? ( I was thinking maybe boot soles????)
    ZRT: SECTOR 3(SNIPER) Among othe tasks...

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

Default Re: Roadkill Q's

If you have a furtaker lisc you can pick the furbearers( coons, possums, muskrats,etc) up during the season. I don't have the statute, just something I was told, so don't take my word for it.

(Columbia County)

Yeah I have mine lots of good it did me trapped from nov-feb and made $8.50. didn't get no m'rats or coon no fox just possums.
    ZRT: SECTOR 3(SNIPER) Among othe tasks...

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

Quote Originally Posted by toadyoforangeville View Post
    Yeah I have mine lots of good it did me trapped from nov-feb and made $8.50. didn't get no m'rats or coon no fox just possums.
    How many traps did you have out. Always set a bunch of extras for the possums and skunks. Get them thinned as fast as you can, then you can start catching coons, rats, and foxes. My area is some sort of dead zone, not sure what the deal is, but hardly any possums, very very few skunks, and not even many coons. Muskrats were almost gone for years, but I think due to the increase in beavers ( providing ponds on creeks with their dams), there's more muskrats around now. Red fox fluctuate in population in a 5 year or so cycle. Some years they are thick like fleas.

(Centre County)

Normally if you just call your local WCO they shouldnt have a problem with that less for them to pick up