Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Amber Alert: Crosby, Malkin, Staal

Anybody seen them???

Actually, I know Crosby was there at the game last night. Versus must have the "Crosby Cam" ... lol. I'm waitng for them to follow him into the bathroom and report that "Sid just took a piss" or "Sid shaved off his playoff beard (hahaha)"

I'm just thankfull that the Versus games are finished. I hope the NHL does something different next year. I'll be happy not to hear basketball and Football terminology from the comMentators for the last two games of this series (maybe three so there will be a weekend game).

Thirteen minutes before the Pens first shot on goal, first 5 on 5 shot on goal doesn't come until 25 minutes into the game???

Should have seen the writing on the wall with Fleurys grand entrance in game one. They said that he actually practiced getting on to the ice for last nights game so he wouldn't fall again.

For all the Pens fans that said that the Flyers are a bunch of goons - How about your boy Gary Roberts??
    That was one of the most class-less things I've seen on ice all year. Sucker punch (from behind) Johan Franzen in the head, his first game back after a concussion. Then Ryan Whitney punchs him in the head near the end of the game.

If that was Downie and Hatcher, I'm sure there would have been major penaltys, fines and suspensions.

I hope the Pens show up to play at home on Wednesday night.
    I was hoping the series would be long one, but it's not looking too good.
    Last edited by 1blindref; May 27th, 2008 at 10:01 AM.

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Amber Alert: Crosby, Malkin, Staal

I think this is a great example of why the NHL is great, because you can look so awsome one series and then the next you look like a bunch of rookies.

(Chester County)

The Red Wings are playing on a whole different level of hockey than the Pens. I had hope for us before the series started. Now I just hope not to be swept.
    Μολὼν λάβε

hopefully they find their second wind back home, still 5 games left!

(Allegheny County)

Crosby is still working hard, but Malkin is showing why he can't carry a team day in and day out. He was quoted as saying he's tired and the season is long. Tired? For the finals? After going no more than 5 games in your series? Come on.

Roberts play was cheap, but Franzen was cheap by acting like he got killed and then when no penalty was called getting right up and not missing a shift.

The Pens need to support the puck more. Every time you see the Wings break out it's 2-3 nice short passes because they have such good support while the Pens are still trying to force stuff that isn't there.

(Montgomery County)

I saw that Malkin was quoted as being tired.

At 21, after having almost a whole week off before the Stanley Cup Finals, you shouldn't be tired. I don't think he gets it.

Crosby gets it. He gives 100% each shift.

The way the Pens came out hitting last night, I thought they were going to play much better than they did on Saturday night.

The Wings D-men (all of them!) move the puck better than most teams offensive lines. They did a great job of blocking shots last night as well.

The Pens have to do a better job of getting more shots on goal. You can't get your first shot on goal thirteen minutes into a game and your first 5 on 5 shot on goal 25 minutes into the game. I've been watching hockey for a long time and I can't remember ever seeing that. Those were probably the two easiest shutouts of Osgoods career. So far the Pens have averaged just under 7 shots on goal per period in this series.

As much as I hate Barry Melrose, I'll have to agree with what he said. The way Detroit is playing, no team is going to beat them 4 out of the next 5 games.

I hate the Red Wings.
    For me, the Detroit Red Wings are the Dallas Cowboys of hockey.
    Last edited by 1blindref; May 27th, 2008 at 02:07 PM.

blindref, you forget already the Go Pens rep you sent me....fair weather fan are we?
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.- George Washington

"I thought Lycan was a she"-dragonofpa

(Montgomery County)

I hate the Red Wings.
    That should say it all ... lol!

fair weather fan are we?
    I'm NOT a Pens fan, but I would like to see them beat Detroit or at least make a series out of it.

I'm rooting for the Pens, but I'm trying to be realistic.
    Detroit is playing superior hockey - no team (not even the Flyers hahaha) are going to beat them 4 out of 5 games the way they are playing.

Shots on goal through two games, Detroit 70 - Pens 41
    Total goals scored, Detroit 7 - Pens 0
    The Pens are 0-10 on the power play.
    That is total domination.

I'm sure that you watched those two games. What did you see from the Pens that would make you think that they can win 4 out of the next 5 games?

I'm hoping the series goes 7 and the Pens win, but for that to happen they better change things around.

I can't wait to see how they play at home. Its been what - 3 months since they lost at home?

Malone has to stop taking stupid penaltys and Malkin needs to take a nap and show up for the next game tomorrow night.

GO PENS!!!

(Montgomery County)

Pens looked great last night!

Crosby really came through. I wish game 4 would be tonight so they would keep the momentum.
    Next game will be HUGE!!

GO PENS!!

(Allegheny County)

Yeah, that was nice to see. They need to finish EVERY chance they get though. Throughout the playoffs they have missed some fat chances but got enough goals to win anyway, that may bite them this series.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast