Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delaware LTC

(Chester County)

Default Delaware LTC

Can someone answer this question for me. I live in Pa with a LTC, and I have a summer place in Delaware with a 911 address. Would I be able to get a CC Permit in Del. so I can Carry?
    I will fear no man or beast, because my 45 is on my side, at least!

(Chester County)

Default Re: Delaware LTC

Florida non resident is valid in DE.

Ask state police or licensing your specific question.

(Delaware County)

Utah is also valid in DE. The non resident Florida is more expensive and it's getting tougher and tougher to get your fingerprints done.

Open carry is legal in DE. http://deloc.org/
    George,
    So many guns, so little money.

Quote Originally Posted by pappyspal View Post
    Can someone answer this question for me. I live in Pa with a LTC, and I have a summer place in Delaware with a 911 address. Would I be able to get a CC Permit in Del. so I can Carry?
    I have a Utah permit So I can carry in Delaware.

You can also open carry in Delaware including in a car if you follow the protocol. Might be worth looking up. Here is a site to check out if you want.

deloc.org/

Edit to add Thundrr1 beat me to it : )
    Last edited by internet troll; January 25th, 2014 at 09:33 AM.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by pappyspal View Post
    The State of Delaware does not issue non-resident licenses so unless you can prove you qualify as a Delaware resident you can't get one. Not sure if a summer home would qualify. Delaware does accept several non resident licenses from other states, just to name a few Utah, Florida, & Arizona.

(Berks County)

I have my PA LTCF, but often travel to DE. I just took a Utah CCW class, got my photo taken, and fingerprinted, got my training class completion cert all done at the class. Sent it all to Utah with my check, 60 days later, Utah CCW arrived.

The guys that did the course I took have locations and dates for upcoming courses at http://lethalforce.com

(Montgomery County)

Like others have said, I would go with Utah. You'll have it by summer and be all set.

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    The State of Delaware does not issue non-resident licenses so unless you can prove you qualify as a Delaware resident you can't get one. Not sure if a summer home would qualify. Delaware does accept several non resident licenses from other states, just to name a few Utah, Florida, & Arizona.
    To add onto what Soberbyker wrote, even if you are eligible for a Delaware license, I've heard the process is more involved than Pa and it is probably easier to get the Utah.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...ZRXikEq4tgevmA

INSTRUCTIONS NEW APPLICATIONS FOR A LICENSE TO CARRY A CONCEALED DEADLY WEAPON (DELAWARE RESIDENTS ONLY)
    In order for your application for a license to carry a concealed deadly weapon to be processed, the following steps must be completed:

1. Arrange with a newspaper of general circulation in your County to have your application published once, at least (10) days before the filing of your application with the Court. Obtain an affidavit from the newspaper company stating that this requirement has been met, and attach it to your application. PLEASE NOTE: Newspaper selection must have a circulation of at least 35% of the population in your zip code. Be sure to use your whole name - no initials - and your home address.

2. Arrange to be fingerprinted. Fingerprints must be taken within 45 days of filing application. Fingerprinting by Appointment Only.
    Appointments are ONLY Tuesday & Thursday noon to 6:30 p.m. For an appointment call: (302)739-2528
    You will be given the address of the Delaware State Police Troop to report to at the time you are given an appointment. You may want to verify payment methods at the time you schedule your interview.

3. Have the reference questionnaires completed by five (5) citizens from the County in which you reside.

4. Complete the application and have it notarized.

5. Include two (2) 12 x12 color passport-style photographs of the applicant, taken within the six-month period immediately preceding the filing of the application.

6. Include the statutory filing fee of $65.00. Cash, money order or personal check, made payable to APROTHONOTARY@ will be accepted.
    7. New applications may be filed at any time. You must file the original set and a complete copy of all the documents. (DUPLICATE COPY) You may hand deliver your application to the Prothonotary=s Office, or, if all the requirements are met, mail to the Prothonotary Office in the County in which you reside:

New Castle County New Castle County Prothonotary Office CCDW Permit 500 N. King Street, Suite 1500 Wilmington, DE 19801-3704
    Kent County Kent County Prothonotary Office 38 The Green Dover, DE 19901
    Sussex County Sussex County Prothonotary Office 1 The Circle, Suite 2 Georgetown, DE 19947
    You may be contacted by a representative of the Attorney General=s Office for a personal interview.
    If you have any questions, please contact:
    New Castle County 302-255-0690 Kent County 302-739-3184 Sussex County 302-854-6959

8. Following review of your application by the Attorney General=s Office and the Court, you will receive written notification as to whether your application has been denied or approved. If your application is approved, you must now complete an Approved Gun Course. For exact details of what the course must include see 11 Del. C. ' 1441(3). Upon completion of the course please submit a notarized certification of satisfactory completion of the firearm training course. If you can not complete the course within 90 days of the approval of your gun permit, please submit proof that you have enrolled in the course.
    If a certification or proof of enrollment is not filed with the Court within 90 days of the approval of your gun permit, we will assume you no longer want to obtain a gun permit. In order to obtain a gun permit, you will have to start the process over.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    To add onto what Soberbyker wrote, even if you are eligible for a Delaware license, I've heard the process is more involved than Pa and it is probably easier to get the Utah.

~snip~
    Delaware is a "may issue" state.

If the OP were eligible for a Delaware permit* it would more than likely mean he could not carry on a Utah CFP, Delaware does not allow residents to carry on a non resident license.

A Delaware resident must have a valid Delaware permit to carry a concealed deadly weapon. A Delaware resident with a non-resident permit from a reciprocating state cannot carry a concealed deadly weapon in Delaware. A Delaware resident is one who carries or is required to have a Delaware driver’s license and/or is registered to vote in Delaware. If you have any questions concerning residency or the application process, please contact the Attorney General’s Office at (302) 577-8600.

http://attorneygeneral.delaware.gov/...dweapons.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    Delaware is a "may issue" state.

If the OP were eligible for a Delaware permit* it would more than likely mean he could not carry on a Utah CFP, Delaware does not allow residents to carry on a non resident license.

Thanks for the clarification.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast