Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    (Butler County)

Default Re: "knockout game" Just another reason to be armed.

I'd rather be charged with assaulting someone with brass knuckles than have the living shit beat out of me OR be charged with shooting an unarmed person. Unless in broad daylight in front of witnesses or a camera, I'd say you might often have a pretty good chance of getting away with busting a jaw with brass knuckles. I might take the chance if someone was giving me a really hard time.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by DennisH82 View Post
    While I understand the Intent, shooting a thuglet for just approaching you may be considered bad manners in court as well as illegal. You could end up in a cell with relatives of deceased thuglet.
    Exactly what will happen if you shoot them... They become the weaker one in a disparage of force... Shooter looses..

Stay on guard.

(Chester County)

This is a situational awarenss issue. As long as you keep them in your vision, and make sure they know you are watching them, they won't attack. It is the ones you don't see that will attack. They are cowards, so as long as you are aware of them, they will not hit you. Turn your back, and they will pounce. This is why I always look behind me in the city, for no reason whatsoever other than just to make sure there is nobody behind me that looks suspicious, and YES I profile.
    Last edited by Pilot321; July 22nd, 2014 at 01:27 AM.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    This is a situational issue. As long as you keep them in your vision, and make sure they know you are watching them, they won't attack. It is the ones you don't see that will attack. They are cowards, so as long as you are aware of them, they will not hit you. Turn your back, and they will pounce. This is why I always look behind me in the city, for no reason whatsoever other than just to make sure there is nobody behind me that looks suspicious, and YES I profile.
    I too look behind me ALL THE TIME... I have to.. I am not a man mountain.

5'9" @165 and 51 yrs old with a bum knee. Can't run no mo.

I got good with H2H I the military... But still, age happens. Have you seen the size of some of these kids today? Of course you have...

I live in N. E. Philly... And the Riff Raff... "THUGLETS" roam free up here now around Cott & Blvd... Cott & Frkfrd...

I admit I profile too... Walking down the street.. 2-3 AA Males standing on the corner.. On starts eyeballing me... Just tracking me... I lock pupils with him...

It seems to be a common thing... Not sure what it's all about either.
    Then they ask you for a cigarette... Yea, I smoke.. But I ain't stopping to give him one...

Quote Originally Posted by DennisH82 View Post
    Actually being situationally aware of ones surroundings without burying ones face In a smart phone, IPAD or walking around with earphones and music turned up to "drown out" helps. Also since most of these little angels tend to telegraph their intent, if you look around you can avoid the issue, convince them they need to look other places or end the threat. You could open carry an RPG (not really) and are self absorbed in your own little world you wouldnt see a bus coming at you let alone a thug being video taped breaking your jaw.
    Just look around you when ou are out and about, most people are unaware of each other let alone threats and dangers.
    Absolutely, I work in the city and NEVER even talk on my phone when walking from and back to my car. I also watch the types of people who'd do this crap closely.

Yes, profiling is a good thing. It keeps you safer.

Don't blame the profiler, blame the trash with the reputation that gets themselves profiled.

It''s not a racial thing...I also watch moms in minivans on phones closely and approach the intersections cautiously when I see one. When you have too many close calls with the same people doing the same thing, you watch out for them.
    Last edited by alpacaheat; July 22nd, 2014 at 09:18 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345