Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Media Borough showing it's anti 2nd colors.

For people living in media, some information to take into consideration when the mayor and council are up for reelection. They are taking a stand against firearms in one of the silliest ways possible, but make no mistake, it is a message that they are against the 2nd.

Bob McMahon is a member of Mayors against illegal guns. He is taking this step to send a message. What message is that? They are getting rid of any investments tied to legal guns. Seems to me that the message is "I am against any and all guns, not just illegal ones so I am purposely trying to hurt legitimate gun companies and their employees".

Also notice the last paragraph. It says that the group "Delaware County United for Sensible Gun Laws" is traveling to other communities to push for the same actions by other areas. Might be something to keep an eye on if you live in Delaware County

http://www.delcotimes.com/government...mmunition-guns

MEDIA — Council unanimously approved a resolution calling for divesting any investments related to assault or semiautomatic weapons and high-capacity ammunition magazines. Councilman Kent Davidson, finance committee chair, said the divestiture would represent about $146,000, a relatively small percentage of pension funds.

Mayor Bob McMahon, a member of Mayors Against Illegal Guns, and a Vietnam veteran, said he’d had “a lot of involvement” with assault weapons. He said he saw no reason for their use other than for military purposes.

“A message has to be sent. I’m strongly in support of this resolution,” said McMahon.

The resolution states that any future investment in manufacturers of that merchandise “would be contrary to the Borough of Media’s values and visions for a peaceful and violence-free future.”

Davidson said he was proud to make this the first resolution of 2014. On hand were Media residents Terry Rumsey and Robin Lassersohn, co-chairs of the grassroots Delaware County United for Sensible Gun Laws. They thanked the board for the support in this matter. Davidson mentioned he provides professional technology services to the organization with no compensation.

“The action taken may seem small but is symbolic. Companies selling (these weapons) on the commercial market might get the message. It’s a testament to Media that you are the first to pass a resolution,” said Rumsey, whose group will be visiting other county boroughs and communities.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Media Borough showing it's anti 2nd colors.

I left this in the Media borough inbox. I'll follow up in a couple of days.

Please see that Mayor McMahon reads this message.

As a Vietnam Veteran, you, of all people, having taken an oath to defend and uphold the Constitution of the United States, should be ashamed of yourself for turning your back on your Countrymen. We rely heavily on the right to defend ourselves from a government that can grow beyond what is appropriate, using four different types of boxes: soup, ballot, jury, and ammo. You fought for those boxes, and our ability to keep them.

Yet, this morning I read an article that proves you would seek to take away your people's final, and most desperately needed when called for, box. I speak, of course, of the "First Resolution of 2014."

How dare you? Who do you think you are to take it upon yourself to dictate what is or is not good for the people you serve? It's not your place to take action that restricts the masses and entitles the few. It's up to us to make those decisions.

Furthermore, you should know what an "assault weapon" is, having been "heavily involved" with them in your lifetime - and I suspect you also know that "assault weapons" are very, VERY rarely used in crime in this country. Weak attempts to erode the financial bottom line of businesses that manufacture and distribute a symbol of American freedom in an effort to keep said freedom from being used maliciously is a disingenuous measure at best, and an act of tyranny at worst.

Please, reconsider your decision to back these sorts of measures, and instead, direct your passion and focus into something that will actually make an impact in our community - such as uniting your neighbors in community events, bringing us together instead of driving us apart.

Sincerely,

Mark Fiorino
    Proud Supporter of the United States Constitution, and everything is stands for.
    Junior

Nice. I live outside of Media but will send an email anyway. It can't hurt.

If anyone is looking for McMahon's email listed on the borough site it is:

edit to fix the email chartfive@aol.com

edit to add... in case anyone wants to email council members also, their emails are on this page.

http://www.mediaborough.com/council/government
    Last edited by internet troll; January 21st, 2014 at 05:45 PM.

(Delaware County)

Email sent to Mr. Mayor...
    George,
    So many guns, so little money.

(Delaware County)

Thank you for bringing this to our attention: I will keep a lookout for anything similar occurring in Haverford township.

Of course, Haverford has always restricted us with ordinance that makes it a misdemeanor (punishable by a fine of up to $500) to discharge any shotgun or handgun, even in defense of one's life or property.

Will they be disarming their police, too, as a way to get to that "violence-free society"?
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Will they be disarming their police, too, as a way to get to that "violence-free society"?
    Not to mention eliminating construction (hammers, screwdrivers, and other tools are used for violence) as well as little league (since they basically use one of the most basic and oldest tools for violence... the club/bat)

Many tools can be used for violence, hammers, bats, guns etc...... or good. but it is the person wielding the tool that determines its use.

but which of the above tools allows an 80 year old woman to fight back against attackers, which allows a 40 year old many to protect their life against a gang who wants to harm them, which tool allows a disabled person to protect them from those who would do them harm. Which can be the great equalizer for those who are not the "bad guys".

(Delaware County)

Big surprise,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, the email of chart5@aol.com rejected my email to him.
    George,
    So many guns, so little money.

Quote Originally Posted by thundrr1 View Post
    Big surprise,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, the email of chart5@aol.com rejected my email to him.
    Well that is embarrassing....... just rechecked and it's actually chartfive@aol.com

Sorry about that, my mistake. I fixed it in the previous post.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast