Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default New York Groups Push for More Gun Control

Incrementalism is on the move in New York. Not happy with the passage of the SAFE act, legislators and other groups are pushing for more control. Read it here.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...WS01/301150028

ALBANY — As gun-rights groups seek to overturn last year’s gun law, gun-control groups said Wednesday that they want additional regulations in New York.

On the one-year anniversary of the SAFE Act, the groups and Democratic lawmakers said New York shouldn’t stop at the law passed last year.
    “The NY SAFE Act included crucial and widely popular provisions like background checks on all gun purchasers, a prohibition on sales of assault rifles with certain characteristics, a ban on high-capacity ammunition magazines, and other measures,” the groups, including New Yorkers Against Gun Violence, said in a statement.

State Legislators Against Illegal Guns-NY said it wants the Legislature to pass bills that would require additional safety storage of guns if the owners have children, require all semi-automatic handguns to have a feature that puts a code on each spent shell casing, called microstamping, and limit buyers to one handgun purchase a month.

“While some seek to go backwards and undo the SAFE Act — and make it legal once again, for example, to sell guns to strangers with no questions asked, or to have guns with 30-round ammunition magazine — we’re taking our next steps forward to prevent gun violence without undue restrictions on responsible gun owners,” Assemblyman Brian Kavanagh, D-Manhattan, who co-chairs the group, said in a statement.

Gun-control groups also want a law that would give police the right to remove firearms from the scene of a domestic-violence dispute. Other proposals would ban the sale of certain high-power .50 caliber rifles and require dealers to report to police when a background check shows a banned person tried to buy a gun.

Sen. Jeff Klein, D-Bronx, who heads the Independent Democratic Conference, called the SAFE Act “one of the proudest moments of my career.”

PA isn't New York but these same kinds of laws are what the Philly and national gun control groups are aiming to enact. Stay in touch with your state legislators and keep the heat turned up on our Bloomberg puppet AG.

(Centre County)

Default Re: New York Groups Push for More Gun Control

Im sorry, but I gave up on them.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(Indiana County)

One thing that the Metropolitan New York City politicians forget is that Pennsylvania and New York share a border all the way from Port Jervis to Buffalo. Much of what New York wants to limit or make illegal can easily be purchased just across the border in Pennsylvania - 100-round magazine drums, ammunition without a background check, etc. New York's loss is Pennsylvania's gain.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    One thing that the Metropolitan New York City politicians forget is that Pennsylvania and New York share a border all the way from Port Jervis to Buffalo. Much of what New York wants to limit or make illegal can easily be purchased just across the border in Pennsylvania - 100-round magazine drums, ammunition without a background check, etc. New York's loss is Pennsylvania's gain.
    Are you making a case for a nationwide ban?

(Adams County)

Personally, I'm rooting for these to pass. Particularly the microstamping.

Then, what's happening in California will start happening in NY, and either NY will reverse position, or the few remaining people in the state with sense will leave.

In CA, microstamping became enforced for new handguns as of 5/7/2013 (http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/roster/ ). Ruger's announced they won't be creating any new CA-legal handguns. Glock isn't producing a CA-legal Gen4 line. I expect most if not all of the rest of the manufacturers will follow suit.

I am already looking for a place in Pa!
    Taking my tax dollars with me!

(Allegheny County)

"We want to stop gun violence! Instead of removing the reasons that gun violence happens (because that's hard), let's restrict guns that have never actually been used in a crime because they sound scary. Fifty calibers means they can shoot fifty rounds in half a second, right?"

One truth remains.
    Vultures don't leave the kill until all the meat has been picked off the bones.
    When the bones are picked clean they move on to the next opportunity

Vultures and politicians share the same instincts.
    FUCK BIDEN

Quote Originally Posted by LGO View Post
    "We want to stop gun violence! Instead of removing the reasons that gun violence happens (because that's hard), let's restrict guns that have never actually been used in a crime because they sound scary. Fifty calibers means they can shoot fifty rounds in half a second, right?"
    Wrong! 50 Caliber means you can shoot any of the 50 caliber's know to man at any given time!

So if a 9 caliber wont get the job done you can just shoot a 50!

I load my 500 round banana clip with a few 9 calibers then i will mix hollow point 50's with exploding 5.56 caliber rounds in the same clip!
    Last edited by IIIIIREPOIIIII; January 17th, 2014 at 11:59 AM.
    People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

Quote Originally Posted by mcl View Post
    Personally, I'm rooting for these to pass. Particularly the microstamping.

Then, what's happening in California will start happening in NY, and either NY will reverse position, or the few remaining people in the state with sense will leave.

In CA, microstamping became enforced for new handguns as of 5/7/2013 (http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/roster/ ). Ruger's announced they won't be creating any new CA-legal handguns. Glock isn't producing a CA-legal Gen4 line. I expect most if not all of the rest of the manufacturers will follow suit.
    Yeah, but I bet they will still sell them to leo's and other government agencies in Ca. That's what needs to change.
    FUCK BIDEN

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast