Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Blair County)

Default Ruger LCP Question?

Has anyone else found the slide lock totally USELESS on an LCP?

The day I bought my LCP I pulled the slide back, pushed the slide lock up and left go. Less than a second later there was blood on the table, the pistol and the floor.

My hand healed nicely () and I am once again trying to use the slide lock.

What is the secret to this thing???
    ~ Luke... Come to the dark side... We have cookies! ~

(Berks County)

Default Re: Ruger LCP Question?

Small fingers are the secret....that locks a pain in the butt and i have to use my fingernail to engage it. But it is still my favorite CC It goes everywhere with me in a desantis pocket holster
    Joe

I think the Slide Lock was Ruger's attempt to make you feel like you're getting something, When you really aren't.

It's purpose (At least my understanding of it) was to lock the slide back (Manually) to check for a loaded chamber, This can be done with any semi auto handgun by simply pulling the slide back a 1/2 inch and looking in the chamber.

Since I don't own one, I dunno, Does it engage the slide on the last shot and lock it back? From what I read it dosen't.

TJ
    Recoil Happens

(Luzerne County)

All you have to do is whittle down your fingers a little bit to make them fit.....LOL

Hope your feeling better...............after all the #**&^#&^(^( that I am SURE happened.....

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by TJB63 View Post
    I think the Slide Lock was Ruger's attempt to make you feel like you're getting something, When you really aren't.

It's purpose (At least my understanding of it) was to lock the slide back (Manually) to check for a loaded chamber, This can be done with any semi auto handgun by simply pulling the slide back a 1/2 inch and looking in the chamber.

Since I don't own one, I dunno, Does it engage the slide on the last shot and lock it back? From what I read it dosen't.

TJ
    Locking the slide back is helpful in many ways. I carry bore snakes to the range with me. I run them through my pistols every now & then while at the range. It also makes it a LOT easier to inspect for dirt, etc.

I usually lock the slide back before laying a pistol on the bench and walking out to the target.

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by schr8er2000 View Post
    All you have to do is whittle down your fingers a little bit to make them fit.....LOL

Hope your feeling better...............after all the #**&^#&^(^( that I am SURE happened.....
    Paul ~ First thing I said upon noticing the pain shooting through my hand was "Golly, look at that. I mistakenly let the slide slam shut on the meaty part of my hand".

As I was trying to get the bleeding stopped I thought, "Silly me, I must remember not to do that again".

When I noticed the blood on the floor I thought, "Oh well, it's a good day to mop the floor".

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe50 View Post
    Small fingers are the secret....that locks a pain in the butt and i have to use my fingernail to engage it. But it is still my favorite CC It goes everywhere with me in a desantis pocket holster
    Joe
    Joe ~

You are correct, small fingers would help (as opposed to a small brain like I have). I bought and installed the Kel-Tec belt clip the day I bought my LCP. How tightly does the Desantis holster fit the LCP? Could I use it with the clip, or would it necessitate removing the clip? And I agree. The LCP goes everywhere with me as well.

(Luzerne County)

YEAH RIGHT... I am so SURE that is what you said....LMAO

Hope your BOO BOO doesnt affect your DRINKING hand...lol

Get rid of the Mattel guns and get a real one....

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jailkeeper View Post
    Joe ~
    I bought and installed the Kel-Tec belt clip the day I bought my LCP. How tightly does the Desantis holster fit the LCP? Could I use it with the clip, or would it necessitate removing the clip?
    Jailkeeper,
    I think the Desantis Nemesis(I may have spelt it wrong)will work with the keltec belt clip as you will see in the following pictures.... one picture as normal and the second picture with my finger in the holster to give you an idea of how much room is in there if needed for the clip.....by the way i bought it at cabela's and the size is called "small" that i got (as recommended by a few others) they have a "compact size" but i wouldn't want it any smaller than i now have. When you put it in your pocket (front or rear) it looks like your carrying your wallet but if someone wanted your wallet it would look like your reachin for your wallet and oh well you know what i mean
    Hope this helps,
    Joe

Last edited by Joe50; May 25th, 2008 at 02:52 PM.

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe50 View Post
    Jailkeeper,
    I think the Desantis Nemesis(I may have spelt it wrong)will work with the keltec belt clip as you will see in the following pictures.... one picture as normal and the second finger with my finger in the holster to give you an idea of how much room is in there if needed for the clip.....by the way i bought it at cabela's and the size is called "small" that i got (as recommended by a few others) they have a "compact size" but i wouldn't want it any smaller than i now have. When you put it in your pocket (front or rear) it looks like your carrying your wallet but if someone wanted your wallet it would look like your reachin for your wallet and oh well you know what i mean
    Hope this helps,
    Joe
    Joe ~ Thank you for taking time to post the pics. I agree, the holster looks as though it will work fine with the Keltec clip in place.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast