Thanks for all the replies and info. I like to learn, what to do, what not to do, and I enjoy hearing other's experiences. As I used to tell my soldiers in the Army "You don't know what you don't know until you don't know."

I've been picking the brains of the people that I know that carry every day. I've been reading the forums here every chance I get. I'd like to think that I am mentally prepared to handle the anti-gun people, the "No Guns" business, the Law Enforcement Official in the event I am stopped for some reason, and most importantly the individual that will be on the receiving end of a .40 S&W if the need arises.

Getting a handgun and the LTCF has been something that I've long wanted to do but just put it off for stupid reasons.

I stopped at a local store on the way home from work and picked up a box of Critical Defense, got home, loaded up a magazine, put the Glock in the holster and went out the door. I helped a policeman push cars up a hill that were stuck here in the snow and never thought twice about my pistol then I went and hung out at my local cigar shop where just about EVERYBODY carries a firearm.