Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Heidelberg Sportsman’s Association Multi Gun Shoot

As per the rule book that will be available at the registration table states as follows!

Section 3,
    Article 3.4 ammunition containing tracer, incendiary, armor piercing, steel jacket or steel/tungsten/penetrator core projectiles is unsafe and prohibited.

Article 3.7 use of any unapproved ammunition as defined in section 3 will result in a $200.00 fine per target engaged.

This is a result of damage caused to targets and bases last year! The club has spent a decent amount of money on steel targets and we can not have them damaged due to the cost of replacement. The above rules were taken into consideration based on rules of other shoots that some of us have been in attendance to and rules that are posted.

Shane

(Clearfield County)

No steel jacketed and no m855? You're probably alienating half the people that shoot there. I think you guys would be better off ditching the steel targets. I've been shooting there for 2 years and have to stop because I'm not getting raped trying to buy 55 grain .223 just to shoot a gong.

(Lancaster County)

The gongs are being used largely to speed up the time needed to set up and tear down. The stage set ups are usually completed by two or three people and require several days during the week. These guys take off of work to make this happen. It is a shame that the stages do not set up themselves. Also the steel allows for less time required for each stage. The most complaints in the past have dealt with time required to complete the shoot.

(Berks County)

Sportsmansguide regularly has 55g brass case 223/556 for .30-.36/cpr shipped so I dont understand your complaint. The shoots have been taking an incredible amount of time to complete. Any change to speed it up is appreciated.

*edit - has a round count been established?
    Last edited by InsaneAuto86; January 17th, 2014 at 10:43 AM.

(Chester County)

I agree.. I like the steel targets. Purchasing 60 rounds of suitable non-steel rifle ammunition each month shouldn't break the bank.. if it does, you may be in the wrong sport.

(Clearfield County)

Well since I don't piss away brass cased 5.56 plinking I'm not going to stomach using it at a fun match. And besides this effectively bars AK's, since copper jacketed 7.62x39 and 5.45 isn't exactly common.

And let me add, anyone who thinks that steel jacketed 7.62x39 is going to damage a steel plate more then copper jacketed 7.62 nato needs to go do some testing.
    Last edited by raxar; January 17th, 2014 at 04:02 PM.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    Well since I don't piss away brass cased 5.56 plinking I'm not going to stomach using it at a fun match. And besides this effectively bars AK's, since copper jacketed 7.62x39 and 5.45 isn't exactly common.

And let me add, anyone who thinks that steel jacketed 7.62x39 is going to damage a steel plate more then copper jacketed 7.62 nato needs to go do some testing.
    The boys... and girls at H-berg have made big steps to improve there match over the past year. Alot of your bigger 3gun matches have gone to more steel, and yes alot of the times the AK rd is not allowed.

Also, when I shoot this match just like any other it's not for fun, I shoot it to win. Please PM with your serious match list, I would like to attend. I can have fun at the range plinking with my buds.

(Berks County)

One thing I might suggest to the Heidelberg RO's is to not allow brass to be picked up until clean up is complete. This starting to become the rule of thumb at most matches.

U guys that run this shoot are doing a great job, don't give in to a couple of people who do not like your your recent decision on ammo.there is not a club any where that they let u shoot steel core ammo.u guys do a great job getting these shoots running.

(Berks County)

Round counts for tomorrow's shoot are as follows!

Stage 1 shotgun 6, pistol 6, rifle 14
    Stage 2 shotgun 8, rifle or pistol 20
    Stage 3 pistol 17 w/mandatory mag change, shotgun 10
    Stage 4 rifle 20 w/mandatory mag change, pistol 15

THERE IS NO STEEL RIFLE TARGETS SO THERE WILL NOT BE A PROBLEM WITH AMMO THIS MONTH!

There were several of us who got together to try to bring a better shoot this year. We took all the complaints we heard last year and worked out the best possible solution we could do. And of course it was impossible to make everyone happy myself included. Guess what I'm going to put my big boy pants on get my ass over to enjoy a day of shooting with great company.

See everyone tomorrow! Let's have a great shoot.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast