Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Arrow If you live in Montco, please contact Gov. Corbett for new Sheriff

Since Sheriff Behr has resigned, anyone who needs NFA paperwork signed should probably contact the Governor to ask that his choice for her replacement will also sign off.

I'd suggest writing something along the lines of how Sheriff Behr signed NFA forms and how helpful that was (can shoot without going deaf because you bought a suppressor, can enhance your collectible WWII collection, etc) and less helpful would be stuff along the lines of "Because.. SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" etc. You might also want to mention that you supported him for Attorney General and Governor because of his support of the 2nd Amendment.

Online contact form:
    http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal...ntid=11&mode=2

Phone numbers and such:
    http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal...entid=7&mode=2

Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/Gov.TomCorbett

Hopefully Sheriff Behr's replacement will be NFA friendly as well, or there's still time to make a difference if he/she isn't. If you live in Montco (or even if you don't), all it takes is a few minutes of your time to get the message to Governor Corbett. Even a handful of people contacting his office about this can put it on his radar. So stop what you're doing and click the links above, fill out the contact form, and then make some phone calls.

Thanks!

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: If you live in Montco, please contact Gov. Corbett for new Sheriff

Being relatively new to PA & Montco I have a few civics questions related to this.

1) when would a replacement be up for election? It's my understanding that Behr was elected when her predecessor died so I'm not sure when the natural term cycle ends/begins.

2) can we expect an appointed replacement to go into effect immediately upon her last day or are we likely to be in some sort of limbo /interim arrangement for a period of time?

I see a lot of people viewed this thread, but are you guys calling too? I spoke with Joshua Novotney today and he seems like a decent guy. I explained the issue, so if you call he'll know what you're talking about. We just need to let him know that this issue is important to residents of Montgomery County.

It will literally take 5 minutes of your time, and could make a difference that helps keep an NFA-friendly Sheriff in Montco. Ask to speak to him directly instead of having his secretary relay the message. He's familiar with the issue, you just need to call him.

Director: Joshua Novotney
    200 S. Broad Street
    11th Floor
    Philadelphia, PA 19102
    (215) 560-2640
    Counties Served: Berks, Lehigh, Northampton, Bucks, Montgomery, Chester, Delaware & Philadelphia

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by BearTHIS View Post
    Being relatively new to PA & Montco I have a few civics questions related to this.

1) when would a replacement be up for election? It's my understanding that Behr was elected when her predecessor died so I'm not sure when the natural term cycle ends/begins.

2) can we expect an appointed replacement to go into effect immediately upon her last day or are we likely to be in some sort of limbo /interim arrangement for a period of time?
    When Durant passed away in 2010, Ricci, the Chief Deputy took over until the Governor appointed Behr to serve out the term She was elected on her own in 2011, so her term would run until 2015.

I expect a similar chain of events. Someone will sit at her desk until someone is appointed to her office.

(Montgomery County)

I've met Behr a few times. Even went trap shooting with her once. She was pretty pro-gun, and did agree to sign NFA forms.

She told us once the Corbett admin. did a very thorough job with her appointment. They interviewed her in person and did a background check. Usually they would just go with whomever the local GOP recommended. As such any calls will have a lot of influence!

Haven't heard of anyone who is interested or such.

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by MontCo Alex View Post
    She told us once the Corbett admin. did a very thorough job with her appointment. They interviewed her in person and did a background check. Usually they would just go with whomever the local GOP recommended. As such any calls will have a lot of influence!
    That's good news. Since you're in Montco, I hope you've helped raise the issue with Corbett's office at the phone number up a little on the page. If so, thank you.

(Montgomery County)

Just an update:

Looks like Chief Deputy Ricci is also retiring and the GOP is nominating former Norristown PD Chief Bono for the Sheriff's office. I just picked up my NFA form today what I took away from my discussion with the deputy was 1) They're very backed up in NFA paperwork (1+ month) and 2) They're not sure if anymore will get signed off (I dropped my off around 11/20/13).

Better hope you got your snuck in on time

Quote Originally Posted by RXM View Post
    Just an update:

Looks like Chief Deputy Ricci is also retiring and the GOP is nominating former Norristown PD Chief Bono for the Sheriff's office. I just picked up my NFA form today what I took away from my discussion with the deputy was 1) They're very backed up in NFA paperwork (1+ month) and 2) They're not sure if anymore will get signed off (I dropped my off around 11/20/13).

Well, please help by relaying your concerns to Joshua Novotney at the number listed above.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by RXM View Post
    Just an update:

Does anyone have any experience with Chief Bono?

http://www.pottsmerc.com/general-new...ef-for-sheriff

(Montgomery County)

No personal experience but from all the rumblings I've heard typical wishy washy second amendment guy and a no go for class 3/nfa stuff kicking myself in the butt for not getting my stamp with behr but hopefully everyone one waiting will get signed out of respect to the outgoing sheriff. Although the future looks pretty bleek ...sucks...
    Last edited by philliesfan4884; January 19th, 2014 at 07:28 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast