Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Did you put a Romanian psl on layaway at cabelas 1/4 or 1/5? They sold my hold to you

Might you be the lucky guy who cabelas sold the psl I had on hold to? I went to pay for it this morning and was told someone called in and put it on layaway.

If you're willing, I'd like to pay for the entire rifle and offer you some cash for the gun.

Don't worry, I called corporate, spoke to the store manager, and nearly set fire to the gun library.

Thank you.
    Emergency Medicine prevents natural selection

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: Did you put a Romanian psl on layaway at cabelas 1/4 or 1/5? They sold my hold to

Really wow. Between that and the two hour long transfer and the cashier who thought he knew better than you I would be livid beyond all belief.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Did you put a Romanian psl on layaway at cabelas 1/4 or 1/5? They sold my hold to

When did you put it on hold?
    What exactly is "on hold"?
    Did you put money down or get some kind of contract?

Quote Originally Posted by Zet70 View Post
    Don't worry, I called corporate, spoke to the store manager, and nearly set fire to the gun library.

Thank you.
    Not to laugh at your misfortune but that's pretty funny.

(Berks County)

A Romanian psl with posp scope. Put a free hold on it so I could run home, grab a coupon for $80 off, go in at 9am this morning and not wait 2 hours for another pics check.

Go in this morning before church, literally as the doors were unlocked, and learn that a credit card was called in for the same gun which I had on a 72 hour hold. I offered to leave a credit card last night they said it wasn't necessary as "a 72 hour hold is as good as cash".

To make it even better, I asked while I was there if they could check the national inventory for a Romanian psl. They told me nothing was showing nationally, I didn't believe it at all and picked a random cabelas in Nebraska and called it. Within 5 minutes he found another Romanian psl in Virginia, gave me a item number, and transferred me to the store. Only down side is that it was $200 more than the one in hamburg and minus a posp scope.

Which only made me more made lol

(Bucks County)

if you don't mind the drive there's a shop called surplus city guns just outside of philadelphia with a few PSL's in stock. they don't ship so if you want one you'll have to take the drive down the PA TP. i forget the price but i think it was around 800 bucks +/- and they come with the scope. if i see something i want i always put money down just in case.

(Berks County)

^ that's why I'm so upset, they wanted $700 for it. I had a coupon for $80 off and I had $50 in rewards points. Would have been sub $600 otd.

But I may need to drive down and see this surplus city you speak of.

(Bucks County)

600 OTD would have been a great price on a PSL and I'd be upset too. with that said huge places like cabelas with a number of people working the gun counter it's easy to slip through the cracks and not get what you want. not excusing cabelas in anyway because they should have honored their agreement with you.

(Philadelphia County)

I am wondering if one of the Cabelas staff saw it and decided to buy it.

Cabals' might "oops! we sold your hold item" more often than we may know. They did that to me last year with my hold item. I called them each day to ensure it is there. They sayz, "it is still here."

I go in after 2 days...Zong! Gone it was! There hold system is not reliable.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast