Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: A 9mm Kahr

(Blair County)

Default A 9mm Kahr

I was at the local gunshop the other day (right after I shot My friends glock and 1911) and decided I would like to get another handgun (hope my wife doesnt read this). Anyway, I got small hands and didnt like the glock. I would like to get a 9mm and loved how the (springfeild) 1911 fit in my hand. I was looking around and cant justify the price and found a Kahr 9mm for about 389. Never shot a kahr. Dont know anything about them. It would not be for carry. Thoughts?

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: A 9mm Kahr

I've had a Kahr-40 and Kahr T-9 for sometime now and Have nothing but good to say about them. The T-9 is a bit bigger and has adjustable sights, but it still carries concealed well.

IMO, you can't go wrong with any steel Kahr.

Detroit (but Pittsburgh is always home), Michigan

Probably a CW-9 based on the price. Friend has one and he's very satisfied. Soberbyker, here on PAFOA, has one, and a problem with it, but I think it was fixed.

On balance, it's probably not a bad pistol for the money.

FWIW, I bought an MK9 a year ago and have had absolutely no problems with it. (Probably around 1,000 rounds through it by now.)

(Allegheny County)

I own a Kahr CW9. Its a polymer frame and the front sight is not adjustable.

I love my Kahr... I got it 2 months ago and have 600 rounds through it with no malfunctions.

Kahr makes a great gun. I carry mine daily with no problems.

I am very happy with my Kahr CW9! Very happy!

(Monroe County)

Just got a Kahr CW9 for the wife, haven't shot it yet but it feels very good for a compact w/ a slim grip.

I know you were originally looking for a 1911, if the .45 is to thick you can get thin plates on the sides... that may help narrow it a bit.

(Monroe County)

If its a Kahr CW9 its one sweet Gun and very accurate and reliable to boot, you wont regret it .

Kahr tried to make a budget affordable gun and ended up making thier best gun ever.

I like the plain low key look and the bevelled muzzle.
    Its very thin .097 inch wide and i believe 19 ozs. Very easy to carry. Points better than my G 26.
    Mine has never malfunctioned in any way, its my American express, i dont leave home without it.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by jmiro View Post
    I was at the local gunshop the other day (right after I shot My friends glock and 1911) and decided I would like to get another handgun (hope my wife doesnt read this). Anyway, I got small hands and didnt like the glock. I would like to get a 9mm and loved how the (springfeild) 1911 fit in my hand. I was looking around and cant justify the price and found a Kahr 9mm for about 389. Never shot a kahr. Dont know anything about them. It would not be for carry. Thoughts?
    The Kahr is a very well built handgun, and I would have no problem carrying one for self defense purposes. The only thing I would do is examine the best you can the trigger bar. There are a couple of people in this forum who have stated that their trigger bar snapped so keep that in mind. But yes Kahr does make a fine handgun!!!

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by knighthawk06699 View Post
    The Kahr is a very well built handgun, and I would have no problem carrying one for self defense purposes. The only thing I would do is examine the best you can the trigger bar. There are a couple of people in this forum who have stated that their trigger bar snapped so keep that in mind. But yes Kahr does make a fine handgun!!!
    I'm one of them, Kahr fixed it with no problem. Not to make excuses but I probably had around 4500 rounds thru the gun when it snapped. The CW9 has a twin, the P9, I wish I would have gotten that only because you can install night sights on it. Otherwise the Kahr is a very easily concealable gun that is very accurate.

If you'd like to read more here on the PAFOA on the Kahr click here:

Kahr CW9

Bill

(Allegheny County)

I have a Kahr P9 but it is the now discontinued "Covert" model which has a 1/2" shorter grip than the standard P9.

It had an initial problem of having a double trigger reset which I noticed even before firing a shot.

Sent it back to Kahr. Dottie took care of it and sent me $10 for my trouble.

It has become my primary carry gun during work hours and for a bit deeper concealment than my Glock 23.

Bottom comparison pic.

Kahr is a great gun. If you want to put night sights on it, Get the P9. I don't know much about the PM9.

27hand
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Blair County)

I have both a P9 and a CW9. Both have been excellent, and the CW9 is one of the highest value for the dollar guns available today.

This is the gun Glock should have built instead of the 26.

The only downside is that, compared to a full size gun, they can be a little snappy (especially when it's cold). It's not a gun you're going to do 500 round days with.

As a carry gun, they are outstanding.
    PREPARE FOR BATTLE