Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Lightbulb Are Gun Clubs the new Gun Control freaks?

Last week I was with a friend at a gun club in Delaware. The club hand some very hard rules. Limited magazine capacity max 7 rods, no more than one shot every 20 seconds, each member must qualify per caliber, per rifle and handgun. Also each member had to qualify for holster, multiple position with rife and handgun.

Finally, each member was required to take at least three training classes per year. My though is that gun clubs and their rules are as bad if not worst than the super liberal gun control freaks. Much like gun control freaks they say it is about safety. I think it about control. Does anyone else thinks the same?

Andrey

(Chester County)

Default Re: Are Gun Clubs the new Gun Control freaks?

I'm a director at my club. Strict rules are necessary for liability reasons, (i.e, clubs can be sued). Our insurance policy is significant in coverage for just such an incident.

(Berks County)

Most rules get maid because of an idiot doing something nobody foresaw. They only want to preserve the equipment and the insurence rates and neighbor good will. Anti-gunners don't build gun ranges.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Most rules get maid because of an idiot doing something nobody foresaw. They only want to preserve the equipment and the insurence rates and neighbor good will. Anti-gunners don't build gun ranges.
    Well said!

(York County)

In the past 5 years I've been a member of 3 different clubs here in York County, and while all have rules, none of them have any rules like that. At all.

All of these ranges have rules and restrictions related to general safety, but as for the restrictions listed in the OP, I don't believe I would belong to a range like that. I didn't support ranges like that while living in Maryland, and I won't do it here.

Three training classes per year? Let me guess, these classes were conducted by and at the range, for profit? Please.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Lancaster County)

Don't associate with idiots and you don't have to have rules made for idiots. I agree with OP, styrofoam padding everything is just giving the antis what they want. Insurance companies can only sell what people are willing to buy: there ARE companies out there which will insure ranges without NJ style rules, so buy only from them till the ones issuing the lamerized rules can't do that anymore. Get your club to buy coverage from insurers that insure clubs that don't have the Nazified rules.
    Last edited by Yellowfin; December 29th, 2013 at 07:11 PM.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Delaware County)

Same at my club.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post

(Northampton County)

Doesnt happen at my range. They just have the basics, no .50bmg, no automatics unless they have seen your Class III, no shooting anything glass, dont shoot over the berm.

I would run from a range that was that Hitleresque, just absurd.
    You may find me dead in a ditch one day. But by God, I'll be lying in a pile of brass.

(Chester County)

My gun club has none of those rules, but only require you be an NRA member. That's it. They get insurance through the NRA. No issues, no problems.

JAKIII, you must be a director at Lower Providence because NCCSC has none of those rules.

(Monroe County)

Every rule, law and warning has been developed and implemented because a number of dumbasses. Have you ever seen the warning on a plAstic bag saying that it's not a toy, don't place over your head or keep away from children? Because we can't allow Darwin's law to eliminate defective and just plain stupid people we need these warnings and rules.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast