Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: How did you hear about the Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association?

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    Interesting, remember what the article was about?

I believe it was about that A-hole at the Stroudsburg Wallmart trying to rob someone who was also armed, I might be wrong, the memory isn't what it was. From that Article I joined this site and got my LTCF. I know carry (When I am home) even at that Wallmart and so does my wife.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by DennisH82 View Post
    I believe it was about that A-hole at the Stroudsburg Wallmart trying to rob someone who was also armed, I might be wrong, the memory isn't what it was. From that Article I joined this site and got my LTCF. I know carry (When I am home) even at that Wallmart and so does my wife.
    Gotcha, I know what story you're talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Wayne County)

Morning, from another site, homesteadingtoday. I've lurked for a time, and finally decided to jump in when I found the discussion forums were broken down by county...a great idea!
    Matt

(Montgomery County)

As I became interested in shooting, I began to search the internet for answers to my questions. I kept finding great answers at the PAFOA forum, so I joined.
    Thanks to all for sharing their experience and knowledge with the rest of us.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by SEShooter View Post
    As I became interested in shooting, I began to search the internet for answers to my questions. I kept finding great answers at the PAFOA forum, so I joined.
    Thanks to all for sharing their experience and knowledge with the rest of us.
    Welcome, pull up a chair and a bowl of popcorn, enjoy your stay.

(Westmoreland County)

Thumbs up Re: How did you hear about the Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association?

I have been lurking here for a while, found this site on a firearms related google search.

Also, more recently, I have met a couple of people who are members of this forum, at some of the S.W. PA Tea Parties at Boquet (now called Greensburg-Jeannette) Airport, and at Bushy Run Battlefield.

Great and friendly guys, sorry I am not really good at remembering names, but always remember nice people.

One guy at the September Tea Party was walking around at Bushy Run carrying a M1 Garand rifle and OC'ing a 1911. So of course I lifted up my shirt tail and showed him my 1911.
    I also met a few guys toting around their AR's.
    He was probably the fourth one of the members from here that day to politely inform me that Open Carry in PA was legal. Of course I had already known that for years, and have had my LTCF for many years, but I thought it was cool that everyone was taking the time to inform people of their legal rights in PA.

(Lackawanna County)

I was a member of open carry dot org and had OCed one or twice and had a run in with the police. One of the members there who was also on here suggested I post the story here since this is all about Pa only and I could probably get a better response. I posted the story, most people called it bullshit until I had a few decent offers of help. I stuck around and have been making peoples blocked list ever since.

I think it may have been Mytheaus who got me here.
    Last edited by YllwFvr; December 12th, 2010 at 03:13 AM.
    Millions for defense, Not one cent for tribute!

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Irwin Inhabitant View Post
    I have been lurking here for a while, found this site on a firearms related google search.

Also, more recently, I have met a couple of people who are members of this forum, at some of the S.W. PA Tea Parties at Boquet (now called Greensburg-Jeannette) Airport, and at Bushy Run Battlefield.

Great and friendly guys, sorry I am not really good at remembering names, but always remember nice people.

One guy at the September Tea Party was walking around at Bushy Run carrying a M1 Garand rifle and OC'ing a 1911. So of course I lifted up my shirt tail and showed him my 1911.
    I also met a few guys toting around their AR's.
    He was probably the fourth one of the members from here that day to politely inform me that Open Carry in PA was legal. Of course I had already known that for years, and have had my LTCF for many years, but I thought it was cool that everyone was taking the time to inform people of their legal rights in PA.

Now that you're officially out of lurker status, feel free to join the occasional conversation!
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Chester County)

Lurked as well for a while. A lot of questions I had regarding PA and it's rules the answer would always come up in depth with a link to this site. So eventually I thought I should join and become a part of the community.

Interesting thread...

I'd been interested in going shooting since I was 10 years old, however growing up in Jersey with family from Philly, meant a lot of broken pormises to go to the range with friends of the family. When I turned 15, I fell in love with the look of the HK USP Tactical, and swore I'd get one.

One day, I woke up at the age of 22, and realized that in the past 12 years I'd made no progress toward my goal other than saying "One of these days, I'll get into shooting." so I googled "PA gun owners forum", clicked the first link and now you're stuck with me 1.5 years and 13 guns and a few thousand rounds later, I'm a regular on here.
    Last edited by FormerUser123; December 17th, 2010 at 05:16 PM.

Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast