Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry Gun-control group secures $350,000 grant

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08142/883560-100.stm
    Wednesday, May 21, 2008
    Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The state's largest gun control group, CeaseFirePA, is getting a $350,000 grant to strengthen its advocacy efforts statewide.

The Chicago-based Joyce Foundation is granting the organization the money over two years to aid its bid to build a statewide, grass-roots response to gun violence, CeaseFirePA's executive director Joe Grace said.

Although the six-year-old nonprofit group, which focuses on stopping gun violence and access to illegal handguns, is based in Philadelphia, it is making its grant announcement today at Pittsburgh police headquarters to underscore its efforts to work with legislators, police and residents around Pennsylvania.

CeaseFirePA supports laws, such as one defeated by the state House on April 1, requiring gun owners to report to police within 72 hours if their handguns are lost or stolen.

First published on May 21, 2008 at 9:34 am

Default Re: Gun-control group secures $350,000 grant

My main question is who is securing the grant? I'd bet the feds are. Let's find out who appropriated the money in congress for this...

(Philadelphia County)

I wonder if the Joyce Foundation would give US $350,000 as well. Oh wait, they are an anti-gun foundation that just dumps money into any group that wants to ban guns.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

Wasn't Obama on the Joyce Foundation board for a while?

Something to remember on election day. Obama thinks that the 2nd Amendment is only to protect your right to hunt with a single-shot .22 rifle, preferably one that's locked up with the local police between hunts.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Wasn't Obama on the Joyce Foundation board for a while?

Something to remember on election day. Obama thinks that the 2nd Amendment is only to protect your right to hunt with a single-shot .22 rifle, preferably one that's locked up with the local police between hunts.
    http://www.nranews.com/blogarticle.aspx?blogPostId=388

Obama and the Joyce Foundation

4/23/2008

The press is finally starting to notice Barack Obama's problem with gun owners. Politico notes that Obama served on the board of directors for the Joyce Foundation, which has given millions of dollars to gun-control groups. In fact, Politico's Kenneth Vogel reports that Obama thought about taking over as head of the Joyce Foundation, but decided to focus on politics instead.

The Joyce Foundation gave $21 million to anti-gun groups while the senator served on the board, yet now the head of the Joyce Foundation is trying to claim the group doesn't just fund gun-banners.

Ellen Alberding told Politico, "We're not promoting a particular solution. We're promoting really smart people to think about problems and come up with ideas on how to solve them." That's baloney. From the Violence Policy Center to Ohioans Against Gun Violence, the Wisconsin Anti-Violence Education Fund, the Illinois Council Against Handgun Violence and many others, the Joyce Foundation gives its money to groups that have never supported gun ownership. When was the last time any of those groups came out in support of a pro-Second Amendment law? The answer is never.

The shameless attempts to disguise Obama's record on the Second Amendment has caused the candidate to make the claim that he doesn't know enough about the D.C. Gun Ban case to offer an opinion. It's forced other Democrats to distance themselves from Obama, because they represent pro-Second Amendment constituencies. And now the Joyce Foundation can't even come clean about their point of view ... all because Obama and his supporters can't let Americans find out just what he thinks about your right to keep and bear arms.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

All needed is cash, and lots of it to change police and public opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by danp View Post
    I wonder if the Joyce Foundation would give US $350,000 as well. Oh wait, they are an anti-gun foundation that just dumps money into any group that wants to ban guns.

maybe the forum could create their own anti violence group and try to secure funding to promote peaceful resolution to conflicts, and crime prevention, possibly securing funding for this positive step to reducing crime and violence

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by er2006 View Post
    maybe the forum could create their own anti violence group and try to secure funding to promote peaceful resolution to conflicts, and crime prevention, possibly securing funding for this positive step to reducing crime and violence
    Yeah, and quite possibly I won't be the first person to break the 5,000 mark here...

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Berks County)

Oh, my boys and girls, but this is a very interesting list of recipients of Joyce Foundation grants. Amongst them are definitely schools and organizations that get federal funds. I wonder if we could put a little pressure on congress to have the schools, at the very least, turn down grant money from Joyce or risk the loss of some federal funds?
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

Quote Originally Posted by billamj View Post
    Oh, my boys and girls, but this is a very interesting list of recipients of Joyce Foundation grants. Amongst them are definitely schools and organizations that get federal funds. I wonder if we could put a little pressure on congress to have the schools, at the very least, turn down grant money from Joyce or risk the loss of some federal funds?
    I think that would only be feasible if those organizations, particularly schools, denied pro-gun organizations a chance to have their thoughts heard equally.
    "Never give up, never surrender!" Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast