Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Perry County)

Default What are WWII 1911 barrels worth?

What are WWII 1911 barrels worth?
    I think I've got 2 of them. Got some info here on IDing them: http://coolgunsite.com/pistols/barrels.htm

1 has F on the right lug and P on the left lug. Seems to indicate it is a Flannery Bolt Co. barrel. Finish is mostly gone, guessing it was parkerized. Looks to be in good shape, good bore.

1 has HS on the right lug and looks like a P on the left lug. Hard to tell as it's either partially worn or wasn't struck hard enough. Sounds like a High Standard barrel. Looks to be parkerized and still has like 99% of the finish left (could be a refinish). The bore looks good but not as good as the Flannery barrel.

I believe I also have some WWII parts like slide stops, triggers, hammers, mainspring housings, and some other small parts. Most aren't in very good shape though.

How could you tell for sure and would they be worth anything if they are WWII vintage?

(Butler County)

Default Re: What are WWII 1911 barrels worth?

Thanks for the link. I too have a barrel that I pulled from my 1943 Remington Rand. The barrel is marked HS on the right lug and P on the left lug. I was wondering if there was any value in it. I put a brand new barrel in my RR, but I didn't pay any attention to the markings on it. The guy I bought the pistol from gave me a new spare barrel to go with it.

(Berks County)

Sarco has "surplus" 1911 barrels for $10. Not sure what they're surplus from but a quick call would change that.
    Emergency Medicine prevents natural selection

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by Zet70 View Post
    Sarco has "surplus" 1911 barrels for $10. Not sure what they're surplus from but a quick call would change that.
    wow...so not worth much of anything then huh?

(Berks County)

Well personally I wouldn't treat them as trash. You can't go back and make more. Slather them in rig and put them away.

(Allegheny County)

High Standards with good bores and original finish (blued) are worth $125-150. Flannerys in the same condition go for $100-125. Unfortunately since yours have been refinished - no WWII barrel was ever parkerized originally - they're worth considerably less, probably around $50 apiece.

The other parts may be worth a bit if they're original finish (even worn is okay if original) and depending on the manufacturer. Something like a WWII Colt thumb safety could bring $50 in original condition for example, so I wouldn't necessarily assume there's no value.

P.S. If the parts are in original condition, I'd be a possible buyer. Feel free to PM me if interested.