Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Carrying a firearm loaded

Quote Originally Posted by mosseater View Post
    Finger on the trigger MUST be "un-learned". Once it's re-trained after several thousand reps, it becomes second nature. NEVER expect or trust a newbie to NOT put their finger on the trigger. The think it belongs there, consciously and unconsciously. After that, the four rules MUST be followed as innately as breathing. If we can all do that, ND's become a non-issue. The four rules are systematic and progressive in their use, and they all flow from #1:

Every gun is always loaded. If we all followed #1, knowing the concequences, the rest would not be necessary, but if one is pushed aside, then #2...and so on. Sheer brilliance in it's simplicity, and yet so hared to some to grasp. This is why so many who get it support carrying hot. The only fear is one's own human failings.
    I only ever knew to keep my finger off thge trigger. I have only owned guns for about 14 years. Same with my brother. Daughters also. Just throwing that out there, sorry for the sidetrack.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    For me, my Glocks are like nitroglycerin, always, always the utmost caution. Finger never on the trigger.
    Why would you just do this with a Glock? I don't own a Glock and I treat every firearm I own like it's loaded with the safety off until I point the muzzle in a safe direction, check the chamber to see what is in there, check the magazine to see what is in there, and even after all of that my "bugger picker" doesn't touch the trigger unless I'm intentionally dry firing or checking said firearm for a given purpose.

All firearms are "like nitroglycerin" at all times. Like my late Grandmother use to say...."Lot's of people get killed by unloaded guns"

I even treat my BP muzzle loaders the same until I put the ram-rod down 'em to see if they are clear.

Dave

(York County)

This is the only way to know your gun is unloaded without a round in the pipe, otherwise to me it is loaded, and may as well be:

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by HUHwhat View Post
    This is the only way to know your gun is unloaded without a round in the pipe, otherwise to me it is loaded, and may as well be:

That would not be considered "safe" to move forward of the firing line at my range.
    The magazine is still in the gun. If the mag is loaded then the gun is one step away from firing. Even if the mag is out I can't tell if the chamber is empty or not. Chamber flags add another level of security.

I would bet 99% of dipshits that shoot themselves with their Glock have it stuffed in their pocket. If you have a proper holster you can't pull the trigger, it's covered. Who holsters or draws their gun with their finger on the trigger? People who shoot themselves, that's who. I do get on the trigger after I'm clear of the holster and have it coming up onto the target. I've also practiced drawing about 10k times. To me a safety is just an inconvienience.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Lehigh County)

I keep 1 mag in the gun & 1 mag in the gun purse in case I need it. I routinely practice drawing from the gun purse & take the safety off as I draw. I do this practice with the gun unloaded. I'm real fussy about safety & learned early on to keep the trigger finger off the trigger till I'm ready to shoot.

I've been shooting for just about a year now and thanks to all you guys & gals on this site, I've learned a lot about safety & the laws. Thank you very much.

(Lehigh County)

Thumbs up Re: Carrying a firearm loaded

I keep 1 mag in the gun & 1 mag in the gun purse in case I need it. I routinely practice drawing from the gun purse & take the safety off as I draw. I do this practice with the gun unloaded. I'm real fussy about safety & learned early on to keep the trigger finger off the trigger till I'm ready to shoot.

I've been shooting for just about a year now and thanks to all you guys & gals on this site, I've learned a lot about safety & the laws. Thank you very much.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314