Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: 9 0z. , 1 inch Mini Taurus .38 Revolver

Could the clear panel just be on the demonstration model.?

(Philadelphia County)

The clear panel is on the production revolver. I don't like it as it's gimmicky. It reminds me of those old "Visible Man" models that shows the internal organs through a clear figure. I can see an accidental discharge by somebody just wanting to see how the revolver functions through the clear panel.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by lemko View Post
    The clear panel is on the production revolver. I don't like it as it's gimmicky. It reminds me of those old "Visible Man" models that shows the internal organs through a clear figure. I can see an accidental discharge by somebody just wanting to see how the revolver functions through the clear panel.
    Yeah, and/or from show and tell. "Look how cool this thing is, you can see all the stuff move inside when I pull the trigger! It's ok, it's unloaded…"

Some things are legal, and should be legal, but maybe shouldn't be done. Making a transparent production (ie. not a trainer or collector/display piece, I'm assuming this thing is made to be shot) gun doesn't seem like the best choice to me. But being free includes having the freedom to make poor choices, like producing and buying guns that will tempt shooters to stare at the side of the gun instead of downrange while firing.
    Last edited by twency; May 5th, 2014 at 08:26 AM. Reason: grammar
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

(Delaware County)

If it's not a demo then I agree. Bad idea.

(Franklin County)

I feel like I want to put the key in and wind it up to see what happens.

I wonder if it will come with a Velcro mitt to help keep it in your hand when you shoot it.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Northumberland County)

I looked closely at it for a little while, but for 5 bills, I don't think so. For just over 3 oz. more, and over I bill less, I bought an LCRx, with 125 gr factory loads, its quite controllable. Hand loads in the +P range are uncomfortable to say the least. And not in the least, its a Ruger.

(Luzerne County)

I agree about the cost. For half a grand, it will be far down my list of guns to buy.
    Aside from that....I would own one in a heartbeat.
    Of course, people are free to like or not whatever they wish; most, though, of the criticisms as written are non-issues. The Lexan housing is unusual, yes, but so what.... if the gun works, whether it gets cloudy or scratched is unimportant (to me).
    If a shooter is going to engage in unsafe behavior because of a Lexan panel on a gun..... that is entirely the fault of the shooter and such a person should probably be kept away from firearms altogether.
    Recoil... yes, it might sting a bit.....I suspect, though, not much different than a lightweight .357 magnum snubbie..... and less than any one of the "snubbies" chambered for .44 magnum or .454 Casull
    Pete
    “Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games.”Hemingway ...

Thumbs down Re: 9 0z. , 1 inch Mini Taurus .38 Revolver

Quote Originally Posted by lemko View Post
    I see opportunity for Legal Litigation for any negligent or accidental discharge because of the see thru panel ! Its a bad idea and is intended to be on all production models.I will pass on this model ! MDT

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete D. View Post
    I agree about the cost. For half a grand, it will be far down my list of guns to buy.
    Aside from that....I would own one in a heartbeat.
    Of course, people are free to like or not whatever they wish; most, though, of the criticisms as written are non-issues. The Lexan housing is unusual, yes, but so what.... if the gun works, whether it gets cloudy or scratched is unimportant (to me).
    If a shooter is going to engage in unsafe behavior because of a Lexan panel on a gun..... that is entirely the fault of the shooter and such a person should probably be kept away from firearms altogether.
    Recoil... yes, it might sting a bit.....I suspect, though, not much different than a lightweight .357 magnum snubbie..... and less than any one of the "snubbies" chambered for .44 magnum or .454 Casull
    Pete
    Speaking of stinging:

Chopped derringer in .38 Special
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast