Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default sig 1911 scorpion trigger install

I love the break and feel of the stock flat trigger on my sig 1911 scorpion but I hate the way it looks. I ordered an ed brown trigger and my journey began...

1. It took about 30 mins to get the ambi-safety off. It turns out you do not take the right safety off first on sigs, you have to take left side off first. I have 2 other sig 1911 but they don't have the ambi, this was my first experience with this. You take the left off first, then rotate the right safety and take out.

2. I had to file down the trigger to fit, only took about 10mins. I finished it off with some mothers polish to make everything smooth.

3. While reassembly the f-ing safety plunger lever would not let the slide reassemble. This is a known problems with some of the sig 1911. It had a tiny hump on it that was causing havoc. I wound up taking it off and filing it down slightly.

Finally got everything reassembled and test fired, everything is perfect but that was a lot more difficult than I expected. The trigger is smooth as glass now and looks great.

Here are the results:
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

(Bucks County)

Default Re: sig 1911 scorpion trigger install

I like the look of my flat trigger on the Sig Extreme. Sets it apart from the rest in looks dept.

Quote Originally Posted by mike12_nguyen View Post
    but I hate the way it looks. I ordered an ed brown trigger and my journey began...

1. It took about 30 mins to get the ambi-safety off. It turns out you do not take the right safety off first on sigs, you have to take left side off first.
    Haven't heard of the plunger issue. Must be a Sig thing, but you got it sorted out. I do agree with you on the flat trigger. I hate the way it looks. One of the ugliest 1911's I've ever seen cost the buyer $7000 and it had a flat trigger, just to make matters even worse. Uhhh......What you did looks much better. I have one 1911 with a silver trigger and silver hammer, but it is all black. Still looks awesome.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by 300WM View Post
    Haven't heard of the plunger issue. Must be a Sig thing, but you got it sorted out. I do agree with you on the flat trigger. I hate the way it looks. One of the ugliest 1911's I've ever seen cost the buyer $7000 and it had a flat trigger, just to make matters even worse. Uhhh......What you did looks much better. I have one 1911 with a silver trigger and silver hammer, but it is all black. Still looks awesome.
    I hate the flat triggers.....
    I found out the plunger lever is a sig thing. A lot of people replace the sig factory one. I just filed it with a bastard file, moved to a 1200 grit, then polished with mothers. I checked the trigger actuation and it depresses the fire safety pin fine. That and the ambi safety disassembly really gave me a fit. The sig ambi safety is not extended so it is really hard to get off, I took some string and wiggled pulled it off. when reassembling you have to use a rubber mallet to press the ambis together.
    Last edited by mike12_nguyen; December 20th, 2013 at 11:59 PM.