(Northampton County)

Default My comments on a fellow pro2A supporters letter to the editor

My comments on a fellow pro2A supporters letter to the editor
    http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/opin...or_in_soc.html

Default Re: My comments on a fellow pro2A supporters letter to the editor

Quote Originally Posted by ragnar_danneskjold View Post
    Violence permeates our movies, our television and our video games. We wage war as a constant activity. Guns are but a tiny factor in social violence, and they certainly are not the cause. Illinois has perhaps the strictest laws regulating guns and the most gun-perpetrated killings.
    Not so. California has the most gun-perpetrated killings with 1,304 in 2012. Illinois had 439 in 2012.

Since I don't feel like downloading the spreadsheet to my computer again...here is a link.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr...abledatadecpdf

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by ragnar_danneskjold View Post
    "firearms are useful in self defense because they allow smaller weaker individuals who are more likely to be targeted for violence to equalize the force of stronger, aggressive attackers

Preventing the use of firearms for self-defense creates a greater disparity of power between victims and aggressors, because those willing to commit acts of violence would also be willing to violate prohibitions on the use of firearms. This gives them the advantage of knowing any of their would be victims have been disarmed for their convenience by the state

Encouraging the carrying of firearms for selfdefense decreases the power differential between criminals and citizens because criminals are then left to wonder which of their would be victims are carrying and trained in the use of firearms"

since the link doesn't go straight to my comments

(Lancaster County)

Reading comment sections on this and similar articles frustrate me. The anti gun comments are for the most part emotion driven and many times filled with hate and anger. Tid bits such as " disagreements are now settled by pulling a concealed carry gun". Challenging these type of remarks just distracts from the larger issue and debate at hand. Gun owners are labeled unhinged, paranoid and callous yet the comments directed at us are vicious and unfounded.

(Bucks County)

I got my 2 cents in. The UK comparison is just BS. Its one place where you are not all that safe and more lilely to be victimezed.

(York County)

People keep mentioning Chicago, Chicago, Chicago....sure it has strict gun laws and sure it has lots of murders, but the anti's excuse is always the same, 'guns brought across state lines'...

We need to use Mexico as an example - they have some of the strictest gun laws and also have three to four times the murders per year that we do! Mexico is a much better example of the efficacy of gun control.

(Bucks County)

Yeah but look at Chicago now.

Stop and Frisk is working overtime and the murder rates are DOWN like as in tremendously.

They stop and frisk known gang members and even premptively search them out when a gang murder has taken place.

stop the violence by stopping the violent offenders!

(Bucks County)

Stop and Frisk was happening in NYC as well and was deemed to be unconstitutional. If I am not mistaken, the MYC Popo was ordered to stop. The same is likely for Chicago.

(Juniata County)

People need to STOP demonizing video games. Everyone male under the age of 35 plays them. Vets, civilians, whites, blacks, Indians, college students & highschool dropouts. Attacking video games is an outstanding way to isolate & divide the gun community.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    People need to STOP demonizing video games. Everyone male under the age of 35 plays them. Vets, civilians, whites, blacks, Indians, college students & highschool dropouts. Attacking video games is an outstanding way to isolate & divide the gun community.
    I am 28 and I do not play video games, the last game system I owned was Sega Genesis. I don't believe video games will make a grown man go crazy but I do believe it has a negative effect on these young kids who only care about video games and their whole life revolves around that.

I know a 12 year old slightly "special" kid who plays games from the time he wakes up until the time he goes to bed, except for school, and will not go anywhere without a handheld game. These are the kids that it has a negative effect on. I do not know if the game itself is the negative effect or just the fact that they have less/no family time and do nothing actually productive

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast