Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Gun deaths near traffic deaths? I call BS.

http://hellertown.patch.com/groups/p...t&newsRef=true

My local liberal news are at it again with their ass-clownery. They claim their data comes from a USA Today analysis from a CDC report...somehow, this seems highly unlikely, seeing as far more people own and drive vehicles than own and "drive" guns.

Posted from Pafoa.org App for Android
    Popichak is probably trolling this for his next story...

Default Re: Gun deaths near traffic deaths? I call BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky View Post
    ...somehow, this seems highly unlikely, seeing as far more people own and drive vehicles than own and "drive" guns.
    Actually, it's about right. Vehicle deaths have been falling for many years, mostly because our cars are doing a much better job of protecting us from ourselves. What they "forgot" to mention is that about two-thirds of gun deaths are suicides.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by donm View Post
    Actually, it's about right. Vehicle deaths have been falling for many years, mostly because our cars are doing a much better job of protecting us from ourselves. What they "forgot" to mention is that about two-thirds of gun deaths are suicides.
    Correct... and lawful deaths are counted as well.

(Adams County)

No, this is entirely untrue. Alcohol related traffic deaths double what is recorded in firearm deaths but they don't go after the alcohol because the government gets tax revenue off of it. Why don't they heavily tax firearms like they do alcohol? Because they just want the guns. They could care less how many inner-city kids kill each other with guns or how much revenue they'll get from taxing them, they just want the guns because they know the camels back is about to break. The American public is getting fed up with the political nonsense and the feds are doing everything possible, that they can't be tied to, in convincing the uneducated masses about the perils of gun ownership. What LEO in their right mind is going to raid the house of a firearm owner to confiscate guns? As soon as the first, or first few houses are raided, panic will spread across the country and the USA will be history as we know it. The feds won't let that happen so they prey on the mindless idiots that believe everything in the news paper and on tv, in trying to set the stage for outlawing firearms. Buy more guns and ammunition because one day, you'll need them.

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by 18mm View Post
    No, this is entirely untrue. Alcohol related traffic deaths double what is recorded in firearm deaths but they don't go after the alcohol because the government gets tax revenue off of it.

100% wrong. Deaths from motor vehicles and firearms have both been hovering around 30,000/year for years now.

(Pike County)

This BS from bloomberg's website has been circulating for the past year. 2/3ds of gun deaths are suicide and moot. If those people would hang themselves nothing would change.
    Je suis déplorable

(Allegheny County)

Not a scientific study by any means.... But where I work it's probably 5:1 five firearm related suicides to every vehicle crash death.

Quote Originally Posted by 18mm View Post
    No, this is entirely untrue. Alcohol related traffic deaths double what is recorded in firearm deaths but they don't go after the alcohol because the government gets tax revenue off of it. Why don't they heavily tax firearms like they do alcohol?
    Apparently you haven't noticed the Federal Firearms and Ammunition Excise Tax. 10-11% on firearms and ammunition. Many states and even some cities (Chicago for instance) have been "piling on" with taxes specifically for firearms and ammunition.

(Montgomery County)

I guess we have to raise the speed limit then.

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by jerkin View Post
    100% wrong. Deaths from motor vehicles and firearms have both been hovering around 30,000/year for years now.
    I specifically wrote alcohol related deaths and you're adding every death behind the wheel. You are 100% wrong. Firearm deaths due to homicide, have only now broke the 10,000 per year mark however, alcohol related deaths have been coming down from a high of 21,000 in 1982. Now read closely, ALCOHOL RELATED TRAFFIC DEATHS. Not grandma who got run over by the trash truck.
    http://www.alcoholstats.com/uploads/...Statistics.pdf

Here are some stats on gun violence deaths aka Homicides. Neither have ever been at 30,000. Now read closely, GUN VIOLENCE DEATHS. Not hunting accidents or accidental discharges.
    http://www.heedinggodscall.org/content/pfctoolkit-10
    Last edited by 18mm; December 17th, 2013 at 10:34 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast