Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default PAFOA Squirrel Hunt

Hey guys. So another lull is here and I've been pondering this idea for awhile. I hunt by myself alot and wouldn't mind finding a good hunting buddy or two that has the same interests as me in terms of hunting.

I plan on going out to Evansburg this Saturday the 21st for squirrel. I have a few "secret" spots where I normally kill my limit or close to it. For anyone who is new to squirrel hunting and wants to give it a shot I promise there are a shit ton of squirrels where I am going, but whether they will show up on saturday who knows lol.

I live in SEPA, so obviously a bunch of you probably live too far away, but the invite is there for a few good guys that want to go out and shoot the shit and a few squirrels.

(Lycoming County)

Default Re: PAFOA Squirrel Hunt

Good idea,
    I'm definetly in the too far away catagory but i'd join ya if I was closer. Hopefully you'll get some of the members on here that are new to hunting to come out.

Sounds like it could be a fun time good luck.

(Bucks County)

I won't be available this Saturday but keep me in mind in the future! My schedule is very flexible

(Bucks County)

wish we could use rifle around these parts or id be game, im going up NEPA for some squirell with my .22 this sat

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Svickstc View Post
    wish we could use rifle around these parts or id be game, im going up NEPA for some squirell with my .22 this sat
    I'm pretty sure you can use a .22 to hunt them....I've seen tons of guys doing it. Where I am going though it's pretty populated so I would prefer to use a shotgun.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by football061 View Post
    I'm pretty sure you can use a .22 to hunt them....I've seen tons of guys doing it. Where I am going though it's pretty populated so I would prefer to use a shotgun.
    ah i just figured it was a "rifle" and only allowed in counties that allow use of rifle (at least thats how ive always viewed it)....

i dont miss with a .22 so it being populated wouldnt bother me, its other people missing that would haha and why i hunt private land mostly

good luck!

Shotgun on a squirrel? I only ask because I have never considered the idea of hunting squirrel as I wouldn't plan to eat it. I would think there wouldn't be much squirrel left. Do you eat squirrel football?

I would consider joining because I am not far from Evansburg. Heck, I'd hunt and give you my take if you wanted. Unfortunately, I am heading south for Christmas on Friday.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Svickstc View Post
    ah i just figured it was a "rifle" and only allowed in counties that allow use of rifle (at least thats how ive always viewed it)....

i dont miss with a .22 so it being populated wouldnt bother me, its other people missing that would haha and why i hunt private land mostly

good luck!
    I have to find the exact wording in the digest but I'm pretty sure it goes along the lines of anything greater than .22.....something something...has to be bolt action or a revolver .22....can't be semi-auto.

(Bucks County)

I have to find the exact wording in the digest but I'm pretty sure it goes along the lines of anything greater than .22.....something something...has to be bolt action or a revolver .22....can't be semi-auto.
    ill have to take a look as well now, you got my interest and could of been selling my self short all this time with time in the woods around my area...

thanks for bringing that to my attention, my go to squirell gun is a savage FVSR MK2 .22LR bolt action anything between me and 125 yards is done

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by iamtommyboy View Post
    Shotgun on a squirrel? I only ask because I have never considered the idea of hunting squirrel as I wouldn't plan to eat it. I would think there wouldn't be much squirrel left. Do you eat squirrel football?

I would consider joining because I am not far from Evansburg. Heck, I'd hunt and give you my take if you wanted. Unfortunately, I am heading south for Christmas on Friday.
    I laugh when I hear that ...just busting your chops...but heck yeah you can use a shotgun!! That's all I've ever hunted squirrel with. I use a 12g benelli nova with #6 shot, full choke. Knocks em' dead out to 40 yards.

Usually the shots aren't close enough to blow the squirrel all to hell. Most of the time it's only a few pellets that hit the squirrel and take him out.

And yes, I love eating squirrel....Early bow deer season for me is like watching a giant buffet running around the woods.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast