Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Texas Law Shield

I'm back down here in Texas and my PA lic is expired. So I'm back at school to get a Texas CCL again. The class took a break and a gentleman gave us a presentation from a group called "Texas Law Shield". Its basically insurance for legal fees should you need to use your firearm. Only costs $20 to sign up and $11.50 a month after that. So question, is there program like that in PA?

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Texas Law Shield

George,
    So many guns, so little money.

(Franklin County)

$140 a year? They are making a killing (pun intended).
    I wouldn't spend $140 or $150 a year for this but then I don't live or travel through high risk areas. The chances of me ever have to defend against defending myself is so slim it's not worth worrying about, something along the lines of paying $140 a year for "plane crash" specific insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    I wouldn't spend $140 or $150 a year for this but then I don't live or travel through high risk areas. The chances of me ever have to defend against defending myself is so slim it's not worth worrying about, something along the lines of paying $140 a year for "plane crash" specific insurance.
    So why carry a gun? Is it because if you need it, then you'll have it? Same applies to the insurance I would think.

But then again, I'm not going to be enrolling anytime soon. Finances are just too tight. But if I was a bit better off, I might do something like that.
    Practicing free speech outside of the designated free speech zones.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    Think about it this way, though. $150/yr (that's what CCWSafe charges for a 2 person plan) for me, estimating that I might live for another 50 years, would come out to $7,500. That would barely even cover your bail let alone any legal fees if you were in, say, a George Zimmerman situation.
    Obligatory IANAL!

Vi veri veniversum vivus vici
    (By the power of truth, I while living have conquered the universe)

The land o' cotton, old times there are not forgotten

What about insurance to cover judgements against you AND legal fees?

(Butler County)

I just got the insurance from U.S. Law Shield, last night. It is $131.40/yr in Pennsylvania, or $10.95/mo. It covers criminal and civil fees. From the leaflet: Covers Legal Defense, criminal and civil; no caps, no limits, no deductibles; not a reimbursement scheme. I just could not pass up the $10.95/mo.
    John Stuart Mill noted: ‘A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.’

Quote Originally Posted by Butlerite View Post
    I just got the insurance from U.S. Law Shield, last night. It is $131.40/yr in Pennsylvania, or $10.95/mo. It covers criminal and civil fees. From the leaflet: Covers Legal Defense, criminal and civil; no caps, no limits, no deductibles; not a reimbursement scheme. I just could not pass up the $10.95/mo.
    Thanks for the tip. Was looking at USCCA, which costs twice as much.

Doesn't look like USLS covers bail though.
    Last edited by alpacaheat; May 5th, 2016 at 04:14 PM.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot