Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
    (Cumberland County)

Default Re: What Level Vest will Stop a 1600fps 10mm?

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    I like my Glock 20 but wish I had got the sf model and that I hadn't traded it for a G19 FDE model. But I did and it was for my son and he's not really into guns anymore but knives which I think is weird because he hates confrontation. But then again really he isn't into a lot of things the way I am like martial arts, hand to hand combat and weapons of the martial arts but he does like first person shooters and baseball. Speaking of which I have to get him an Xbox One for Christmas so no guns for me for awhile.
    I was thinking of selling some tools I don't use that just sit in the Allie next to the house where store them. I haven't worked in awhile so that doesn't help but as soon as I get my truck registration in the mail I should be good to go. 88 Chevy Stepside with a 350 and edelbrock cam and intake and headers .30 over grab and growl yeah.
    I'm watching a show on Phil Specter anyone remember him? He was a messed up gun owner wasn't he? But he produced some good music. The wall of sound. You know what has walls? That's right....allies.

We should talk about that G19 if you've still got it and want it gone.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by Svickstc View Post
    i use the hot stuff for SD, no reason to go to the range and plink with, so buying 500 rnds of good stuff and the rest just plinking the prices are not much more if not less in these times...

i thought you were talking about plinking ammo and not soley SD loads...

Really shooting 10mm loads is not anything out of the ordinary in terms of recoil, if you have a proper stance, grip and posture, recoil management is the same...

like i said i like it better than .45acp and my follow up shots are more accurate and at distances much further than i was able to group with other handguns as easy as subcompact 10mm glock
    Actually I am talking about 10mm rounds in general, even when I am plinking at the range I want to shoot 10mm rounds that simulate the recoil. Sure I would use FMJ rounds to plink but I would want to shoot loads that have the same velocity/weight as the SD loads I use. In the few years I have been shooting I never understood why people who train would use weaker loads to train than their SD rounds. Case in point, my first rifle was a M&P 15-22. I have been shooting that rifle for 6 years and I could land shots inside of shots at 50 yards with boring regularity using iron sights. Did that prepare me to shoot my AR-15 in 5.56 I purchased nearly 2 years ago? Not really. Sure it gave me a major head start in learning the controls, getting use to the ergonomics and even somewhat on the disassembly. When I shot the AR-15 for the first time though everything changed, the recoil shocked me and I could only land a few shots inside a paper plate at similar distances. Still even to this day I cannot shoot my AR-15 as well as my M&P 15-22, sure I am much better with it (I would be even better if it wasn't for the ammo shortage we had over the past year but I digress) but that went to show me that you need to train with rounds that will simulate the recoil of the real deal as close as possible.

That is why I would want to shoot hot, FMJ 10mm rounds and not the piss poor 10mm FMJ rounds that come from the factory. That is why I feel reloading is the only way to go when training with 10mm. I agree with what you mentioned about proper stance/technique.

Quote Originally Posted by robert slabaugh View Post
    Does it have more recoil than 7.62x25? Toks and CZ52'S are pretty snappy with just the regular ammo. Supposedly goes through level 2 no problem.
    I bet it does because most Tokerav rounds are in the 85-90 grain range. When you're talking about a round traveling at the same speed with twice the weight the recoil has to be noticeably different.

Quote Originally Posted by crazywolf View Post
    don't know about recoil with a 1600fps load but can tell you in my colt delts elite a buffalo 10mm 180 gr going over 1300fps is stout you know you touched one off I carry my delta daily and have buffalo 155 all copper hollow points at about 1200fps and it is very manageable and a tact drive so not only does the speed matter but weight of bullet does to a real heavy bullet at high speed would really wack you whether or not it got though the vest.I know I don't care to find out.crazywolf
    Thanks for sharing that, I figured those factors made a major difference in recoil. It does seem now you can have two different rounds in 10mm which have noticeably different recoil.
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

(Pike County)

I can't believe this thread turned into another "PAFOA Classic" during my 5 day hiatus, I couldn't see a thread like this evolving in such a way.

Quote Originally Posted by 87hurricane View Post
    You can achieve your goals, I'm living proof. BEEFCAKE!
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617