Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PA Gun Laws

(Dauphin County)

Default PA Gun Laws

Do you think PA will ever turn into a NY state. It's a vote away I fear or do you believe there is more to it. Perhaps it will not make it through legislation. It's a scary thought but not too unrealistic. I've enjoyed my guns for years and will not give them up. I dread the day where we loose them. I hope that day never comes. What are your thoughts?

(Adams County)

Default Re: PA Gun Laws

only if we let it happen.

(Indiana County)

Unlike New York, Pennsylvania's citizens are not afraid to march on the State Capitol. Every springtime a bunch of citizens show up armed, just to remind the legislators where the power lies - with the people.

Just imagine the Capitol's phone lines lighting up if our elected representatives decided to let local cops use radar guns. Double, or triple, that reaction for anti-freedom legislation.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    Unlike New York, Pennsylvania's citizens are not afraid to march on the State Capitol. Every springtime a bunch of citizens show up armed, just to remind the legislators where the power lies - with the people.

Just imagine the Capitol's phone lines lighting up if our elected representatives decided to let local cops use radar guns. Double, or triple, that reaction for anti-freedom legislation.
    I'll be one of the first on the steps when it comes to my guns

Quote Originally Posted by johnydavid View Post
    Do you think PA will ever turn into a NY state. It's a vote away I fear or do you believe there is more to it. Perhaps it will not make it through legislation. It's a scary thought but not too unrealistic. I've enjoyed my guns for years and will not give them up. I dread the day where we loose them. I hope that day never comes. What are your thoughts?
    It will be because of philly. I think it will be really hard though. Philly does not have white liberals the way many states do, so the liberal vote will come from the minority vote ( not playing race just being realistic about voter demographics). I think philly also makes some liberal whites rethink their positions.

Short answer is no. I would doubt it. if it did it would be more like 50 years when the usa is expected to go to hell.

I would think series 3 stuff being banned and going may issue on permits like Delaware would be more likely depending on voting patterns.

I would caution PA to look at DE and MD. Both were southern states with many issues closer to the south than the north and also both had secession conventions ( DE did not go anywhere and MD had the legislature thrown in jail by Lincoln before they could leave the union). Bascially liberals moving there and offspring of illegal immigrants ruined MD. With DE we got lots of liberals from Jersey and banks brought liberals from all over the country.

PA DONT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU!!!!
    I offer discounts on freeze dried foods, knives and other prepping products.

(Dauphin County)

I think I'm going to try to have a meeting with a member in legislation if they will allow it. I know one man will have no merit but it couldn't hurt. I could tell him I'm here representing many people and it wouldn't be a lie.

(Jefferson County)

The chances of PA's gun owners marching on Harrisburg and causing a micro-revolution are better than PA turning into NY.

PA has the 5th to 7th largest army in the world the first Monday after Thanksgiving. ...and that is just the hunters. That doesn't count all the gun owners.

Although PA still has some pacifistic Quaker traits today, there is a point where PA folks will no longer take crap and will push back harder than more aggressive states. Western PA was THE original "Wild West".. There were rebels here before the Revolutionary War. Just being west of the Appalachian Mountains was a rebellious act before we won our independence.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    The chances of PA's gun owners marching on Harrisburg and causing a micro-revolution are better than PA turning into NY.

PA has the 5th to 7th largest army in the world the first Monday after Thanksgiving. ...and that is just the hunters. That doesn't count all the gun owners.

Although PA still has some pacifistic Quaker traits today, there is a point where PA folks will no longer take crap and will push back harder than more aggressive states. Western PA was THE original "Wild West".. There were rebels here before the Revolutionary War. Just being west of the Appalachian Mountains was a rebellious act before we won our independence.
    Good answer knight

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by bluedog46 View Post
    Philly does not have white liberals the way many states do
    I live in Lower Merion. I assure you that Philly has white liberals. I'm surrounded by them.

PA won't become NY because of the significant demographic differences between the two states. NYC/LI determine the laws of NY state. Philly is just not big enough to sway the vote of the rural, more conservative areas.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by cdd1 View Post
    Philly is just not big enough to sway the vote of the rural, more conservative areas.
    Look at this county-by-county map of the 2012 election results and tell me that again...
    http://www-personal.umich.edu/~mejn/...ymaprb1024.png

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast