Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Bring back the Political Wasteland

While I am sure it was a pain to administrate. What was once contained in that forum has now spread to virtually every other area of the forum.

I dont believe that I am the only one who feels this way and if things keep getting worse I am considering not supporting the forum financially or by contributing content.
    "No, it's just a machine. I'm the weapon." - Jack Harper in Oblivion

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Bring back the Political Wasteland

If you don't think today's Politicians are not the biggest threat EVER to our firearms then youre not paying attention.

If the fervor doesn't spread to stop them, then forums like this will disappear along with the guns.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Allegheny County)

It's gotta be a package deal - I come back as a moderator WITH it. (I quit because of the change)

Be careful what you wish for!

Just kidding. I'm enjoying retirement.

That said, the whole "no non-firearm political talk permitted" lasted about a month.
    Enforce the rule, or dissolve it. That should have been decided a LONG time ago though.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    If you don't think today's Politicians are not the biggest threat EVER to our firearms then youre not paying attention.

If the fervor doesn't spread to stop them, then forums like this will disappear along with the guns.
    I'm not saying that is is't. But if the forum had a place to have these discussions people would not feel the need to bring them up all the time either completely off topic or with the thinnest relevance to the original topic.

I think it would benefit both the forum as a whole having the off topic political forum back.
    "No, it's just a machine. I'm the weapon." - Jack Harper in Oblivion

(York County)

The other PA gun forum was started because of PW being deleted. Just join that forum and talk politics all you want.

That said, politics and gun talk go hand in hand. PW should be anything goes, no moderation. If you don't like it and get your feelings hurt, then GTFO.

(Beaver County)

I'm up for bringing it back just so I can avoid that (PW) instead of avoiding the lounge all together. It's disappearance turned the lounge into a cluster fuck.

With that being said people here need to quit worrying about the Internet butt hurt. I think that was the real killer.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

(Venango County)

I am in agreement.

Although I mainly lurked in that particular subforum. What has happened, is political threads are cropping up everywhere.

I feel that bringing it back would come in handy. But we all need to have a little restraint as well.
    I'm so fast, I can bump fire a bolt action.

I've been thinking this as well for a while. I would look at the new posts and all I see are topics that would have gone in the political wasteland. Bring it back. Not having it is doing no good. After a year, we can see that.
    Practicing free speech outside of the designated free speech zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Shisno View Post
    I've been thinking this as well for a while. I would look at the new posts and all I see are topics that would have gone in the political wasteland. Bring it back. Not having it is doing no good. After a year, we can see that.
    All that means is that we need better enforcement of the rules. It's really the same people over and over again, so it shouldn't be too difficult to deal with if the mods were so inclined.

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    It's gotta be a package deal - I come back as a moderator WITH it. (I quit because of the change)

Be careful what you wish for!

Just kidding. I'm enjoying retirement.

That said, the whole "no non-firearm political talk permitted" lasted about a month.
    Enforce the rule, or dissolve it. That should have been decided a LONG time ago though.
    The only moderator that ever enforced the rules, sadly, passed away. I remember him getting quite aggressive when people posted PW type stuff in the lounge.

Justin
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast