Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

(Allegheny County)

Default Bring back the Political Wasteland

While I am sure it was a pain to administrate. What was once contained in that forum has now spread to virtually every other area of the forum.

I dont believe that I am the only one who feels this way and if things keep getting worse I am considering not supporting the forum financially or by contributing content.
    "No, it's just a machine. I'm the weapon." - Jack Harper in Oblivion

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Bring back the Political Wasteland

If you don't think today's Politicians are not the biggest threat EVER to our firearms then youre not paying attention.

If the fervor doesn't spread to stop them, then forums like this will disappear along with the guns.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Allegheny County)

It's gotta be a package deal - I come back as a moderator WITH it. (I quit because of the change)

Be careful what you wish for!

Just kidding. I'm enjoying retirement.

That said, the whole "no non-firearm political talk permitted" lasted about a month.
    Enforce the rule, or dissolve it. That should have been decided a LONG time ago though.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    It's gotta be a package deal - I come back as a moderator WITH it. (I quit because of the change)

That said, the whole "no non-firearm political talk permitted" lasted about a month.
    Enforce the rule, or dissolve it. That should have been decided a LONG time ago though.
    The only moderator that ever enforced the rules, sadly, passed away. I remember him getting quite aggressive when people posted PW type stuff in the lounge.

Justin
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Clinton County)

Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Lebanon County)

with the recent leftist censorship propaganda machine banning and threating to pull right sided media. I believe it is in your best interest to start a political forum, and general discussion forum for people looking for a patriotic place to help the fight over our country.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    you're bad!
    FUCK BIDEN

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post

The demise of the PW is part of why I canceled my paid subscription and stopped coming on as much.

Most of the firearm related information is known. A .45 has better power, a 9 has more rounds. The AK is less finicky, the AR more accurate. A clip is not a magazine. But the politics is ever evolving...and ever of concern for our rights.

It was enjoyable to debate issue, it was appreciated to be taught something, it was enlightening to see something from another perspective. Moderating the forum of PW was the same as everywhere else. Act nice or get spanked. Sure, it got a little rowdy....it's politics. Yeah, sometimes someone went too far.....so we have bans. But damn, we sure did delve into issues. The core members did a fantastic job of getting others to think, get involved and take a stand.

Bring back Political Wasteland.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by ErSwnn View Post
    The demise of the PW is part of why I canceled my paid subscription and stopped coming on as much.
    I chose to stop mine as well for the same reason. Same reason I will continue to run Adblock software on my browser.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    If you don't think today's Politicians are not the biggest threat EVER to our firearms then youre not paying attention.

If the fervor doesn't spread to stop them, then forums like this will disappear along with the guns.
    I'm not saying that is is't. But if the forum had a place to have these discussions people would not feel the need to bring them up all the time either completely off topic or with the thinnest relevance to the original topic.

I think it would benefit both the forum as a whole having the off topic political forum back.
    "No, it's just a machine. I'm the weapon." - Jack Harper in Oblivion

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast