Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Dauphin County)

Default bump fire stocks and the game comission

I have a slide fire stock for my AR-15, and my friends in perry county have all gone off to the military. I am curious if using my slide fire is allowed on state game land ranges? Or if there are any ranges, paid or otherwise? I haven't used it aside from with my friends on their private land and I'm itching to have some fun with it! Any info is appreciated!

Default Re: bump fire stocks and the game comission

Quote Originally Posted by Williams_556 View Post
    I have a slide fire stock for my AR-15, and my friends in perry county have all gone off to the military. I am curious if using my slide fire is allowed on state game land ranges? Or if there are any ranges, paid or otherwise? I haven't used it aside from with my friends on their private land and I'm itching to have some fun with it! Any info is appreciated!
    I would think as long as you stick to the three round rule, IIRC that is posted in the rules. I can not recall any rules about rapid fire. Also to shoot you must have a Pa. Hinting license or pay a fee of some sort. Since I hunt the license thing is not a concern for me. What ever you do dont get caught by the Pa.GC officers with more that the allowed rounds. you will pay a hefty fine and maybe have them seize your Weapons.

My best advice is to stay away from the stupid PAGC ranges and join a private range.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

Default Re: bump fire stocks and the game comission

Full regs posted below, found here: http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal...=937862&mode=2

Please note the section colored red. As previously mentioned, only 3 rounds allowed in rifle at any given time.

Shooting Range Permit Regulations

CHAPTER 135. LANDS AND BUILDINGS

Subchapter J. SHOOTING RANGES

§135.181. Rifle and handgun ranges.

(a) General provisions. In addition to §135.2 (relating to unlawful actions) and except as provided in §135.182 relating to Ranges, State Game Lands No. 176), the following pertain to lands under Commission ownership, lease or jurisdiction, designated as rifle or handgun ranges:

(1) Rifle and handgun ranges are open from 8 a.m., prevailing time, until sunset Monday through Saturday and from 12 noon to sunset Sundays, unless otherwise posted; except the Sunday immediately preceding the regular antlered and antlerless deer seasons and the regular bear season, when the hours are 8 a.m. to sunset.

(2) A range may be reserved for exclusive use by an organized group from January 1 through October 1. An organized group desiring to reserve the range shall make necessary arrangements through the appropriate regional director or a designee at least 20 days in advance.

(3) An individual may not use the range when in use on days when it is reserved by an organized group.

(4) An individual or an organized group using the range is responsible for keeping the area clean and free of debris, and may not discard, deposit, leave or throw litter except in approved refuse containers. Range users shall remove targets from range backboards when shooting is completed and prior to leaving the range.

(5) The Commission is not responsible for anyone injured on the range. An individual using Commission owned ranges does so at his own risk and assumes all responsibility for injuries to a person or property caused by or to him.

(6) When more than one person is using the range, a range officer shall be designated.

(7) An individual under 16 years of age may not use the range unless accompanied by a person 18 years of age or older.

(8) The appropriate regional director or designee may close a range by posting signs to that effect.

(b) Prohibited acts. At a rifle and handgun range located on land under Commission ownership, lease or jurisdiction, except when authorized by the appropriate regional director or a designee, it is unlawful to:

(1) Possess a loaded firearm, except at an established shooting station on the firing line.

(2) Discharge a firearm, except from an established shooting station on the firing line at a paper target placed on a permanent target backboard.

(3) Discharge armor piercing, incendiary, explosive, tracer or multiple projectile ammunition.

(4) Be intoxicated, use or possess an intoxicating beverage or controlled substance on the range.

(5) Possess an automatic weapon.

(6) Possess, load or discharge a firearm that contains more than three rounds of single projectile ammunition, except as provided in subsection (c).

(7) Shoot clay birds anywhere except areas designated by the Director by signs stating that clay bird shooting is permitted.

(8) Possess, load or discharge a firearm for any reason without possessing a valid Pennsylvania hunting or furtaker license or a Commission-issued range permit signed by its holder. This prohibition does not apply to persons 15 years of age or younger or up to one person accompanying another person in possession of a valid Pennsylvania hunting or furtaker license or a Commission-issued range permit.

(c) Exceptions for a handgun range. At a Commission range specifically designated as a handgun range, it is permitted for an individual to load and discharge a handgun containing a maximum of six rounds of single projectile ammunition at any one time. Other rules and regulations pertaining to shooting ranges under Commission ownership, lease or jurisdiction shall be in effect.

§135.182. Ranges, State Game Lands No. 176.

(a) In addition to §§135.2 and 135.181 (relating to unlawful actions; and rifle and handgun ranges) the following exceptions apply to ranges located on State Game Lands No. 176, Half Moon Township, Centre County:

(1) Ranges are open to the public Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, from 8 a.m., prevailing time, to sunset. In addition to the periods in this section for public use of the range, the Regional Director or a designee has discretion to grant special use of the range during any period. At other times, the range is closed to public use.

(2) A group or organization desiring to use the range shall make necessary arrangements with the Northcentral Regional Director or a designee at least 20 days in advance.

CHAPTER 147. SPECIAL PERMITS

Subchapter Z. STATE GAME LANDS RANGE PERMITS

§147.1001. Purpose and scope.

This subchapter provides for range permits to be issued to eligible persons to authorize their holders to utilize established rifle or handgun ranges or designated clay bird shooting areas located on State game lands.

§147.1002. Eligibility and application.

(a) Range permits will only be issued to persons 16 years of age or older who do not possess a valid Pennsylvania hunting or furtaker license.

(b) Applications for range permits issued under this subchapter shall be made on a form provided by the Commission.

(c) Applications must include the name and contact information of the permit applicant.

(d) The fee for a range permit will be $30 for residents and nonresidents.

§147.1003. Range permit.

(a) A range permit issued under this subchapter authorizes the permittee to utilize established rifle or handgun ranges or designated clay bird shooting areas located on State game lands.

(b) Permittees shall utilize established rifle or handgun ranges or designated clay bird shooting areas located on State game lands in a manner consistent with applicable requirements, conditions and restrictions provided for in the act and §§135.2, 135.41 and 135.181 (relating to unlawful actions; State game lands; and rifle and handgun ranges).

§147.1004. Violations.

The Director may deny, revoke or suspend any permit for any violation of this subchapter upon written notice to the permittee.