Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Perry County)

Default Sig P250 vs. S&W M&P

Thinking about getting another pistol in 9mm.

The M&Ps seem to get great reviews.
    Haven't seen too much about the P250s, but I like the fact that you can swap parts to make different guns out of them.

Anyone have links to trusted reviews for the P250?

(Schuylkill County)

Default Re: Sig P250 vs. S&W M&P

I have a S&W MP .45 and I absolutly love it. I have never had a problem with it at all. Not a single failure to fire, failure to eject, or mag dropping out. I can say it has performed flawlessly for me. I have atleast 600 rounds thru it, I know thats not a ton but i'm getting there . I know your looking at the 9mm but I figured I would let you know what I thought of my MP.45. Everyone that I have let shoot my gun has really enjoyed it and the recoil isn't that bad because it sits nice and low in the hand. I hope this was of some help for you. Maybe you could go to a range and rent one if thats a possibility in your area.

(Centre County)

My M&P spitted out over 6000rds without ANY hickup.
    Enough to trust my life with.

Sig is a great gun. All their metal framed gun is solidly built, accurate, and dependable gun. Their built like a tank. Sort like Ruger P89, but much more pleasing to the eyes then Ruger ever did.

But I'm not sure about their polymer framed weapon..

I'm not sure what your looking for. But if swapping parts to make different caliber gun is what your after, Get M&P in .40SW. You can convert it to .357sig(I think all you need is barrel, and recoil spring), or convert it to 9mm(barrel, spring, and mag you need). with 3 differnt size grip, technicaly, thats 27 different configurations you can make...
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(Dauphin County)

I have about 600+ rds through my M&P 9c and she shoots great, and is my main carry gun, and i wouldn't hesitate to buy another M&P. I have shot a Sig P250 also its was VERY nice, but the trigger rest was very long and it almost feels like the trigger is going to leave the trigger guard to reset itself, but other than that ....nice.

(Westmoreland County)

Thumbs up Re: Sig P250 vs. S&W M&P

SIG has an excellent reputation but I doubt if their customer service can even approach S&W's.
    I sent a new S&P40 FS back to S&W because I thought it had a defect.I received a call from S&W's customer service promptly,explaining the reason for the "teardrop". The gun was back in my hands 10 days after I shipped it,with another magazine.

http://www.pafoa.org/forum/pistols-4...hat-s-fix.html

I have shot this gun less than 100 rounds but it functioned flawlessly.
    I have owned and used 2 S&W "N" frame revolvers for 40 years but this is my first semi-auto,so the appearance of the fired primers was what prompted my concern.
    I'm an old geezer who is past 70 and I can't shoot like I used to,but this gun seems to be very accurate. At 25 yards,hand-held with a sandbag rest,I got several 4" five-shot groups whenever I didn't "pull one".
    I may buy another M&P before the next election,in case Hillary or Barack win
    and high-capacity mags and "black guns" get outlawed again.

Ron
    The older I get,the better I used to be !!