Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lebanon County)

Default Gamo hornet feedback

Any one out there have a Gamo hornet pellet rifle? I am thinking of getting one to supplement my shooting. I love shooting 22s but as everyone knows their price has went up a bit and they are not the easiest to find. I dont want to spend a ton of money on an air rifle since of course here in PA we can not use them for hunting. The Gamo hornet is one of the more affordable ones and was wondering if any one has one. I will mainly be shooting it indoors on an air rifle/22 LR range. Thanks in advance for your help.

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Gamo hornet feedback

I have the big cat 1200, which is basically the same rifle from what I can see. I will tell you it has been a good purchase for a 22 replacement. I have sighted it in to 35 yards and can hold a 1 1/4" group. The problem is scopes! The reverse recoil of a springer rifle plays hell on most scopes, and the one that comes with it is a POS. I get about 250 shots before the scope needs adjusted again. The gun is a lot of fun to shoot and is dirt cheap.

Craig
    OBAMA - One Big Ass Mistake America.....

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: Gamo hornet feedback

Thanks Craig. Think i am going for it tomorrow. All i could find basically said the scopes are crap but replacing it isn't an issue.