Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Really BIG CC

Default Really BIG CC

Is there anyone out there regularly concealing any truly big guns? I'm talking about big bore magnums, Desert Eagles and the like, not just service size pistols. I suppose if there are any truly crazy folks concealing long guns, you are welcome to chime in too.

I've known plenty of people who concealed a big gun once or twice, but I'm really interested in those who do so regularly. How do you carry it? What kind of holster are you using, and why are you choosing to conceal such a big piece? Also curious about any advice you may have about doing it. Those who used to do so, but stopped, I also want to hear from you.

The lady is telling me I can't get any handguns that I won't actually carry on a regular basis, but I really want a couple of big boys, so I need your expertise on how to carry them, and a long list of reasons why to carry them so I can justify it to her. My primary reason for wanting to do this is simply because they exist, therefore I want them. OC, for the time being, is not going to work for me, though I understand its merits.

Thanks!

Default Re: Really BIG CC

A trench coat

And this

And your good to go
    People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

(Montgomery County)

You could do a lot with a shoulder holster.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by IIIIIREPOIIIII View Post

And your good to go
    This would eat up my chiropractic visits quick!!!

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Remington788 View Post
    You could do a lot with a shoulder holster.
    Yep. I have one that I can stuff my 10.5" Virginian Dragoon Silhouette revolver in, and it only comes does to about my pants pocket line.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Honestly Mouse, I don't think thats a good idea.

I understand wanting to have it simply because it exists. That is a perfectly reasonable thing. We all have the gun bug.

But carrying the big boys on a daily basis is a bad idea. A .44 magnum WILL do collateral damage. It will go straight through and hit something else on the other side, and destroy whatever it is.

When you are going about your day doing regular kinds of things, you never know when you may need your gun, and when you need it, you want it to do its job AND ONLY its job, not anything additional.

The big ones are for hunting and for combat, or for sitting in the safe, or plinking at the range. There are many valid and wonderful uses for them, but if you are a civilian wandering the roads of PA, you are better off with a conventional pistol. I would say a 10MM is about the biggest a responsible person ought to be CCing during peaceful times.

Additionally, I would suggest carrying the gun you are most comfortable carrying, and sticking with that. Bigger is not always better, especially if you have to conceal it in some sort of bizarre holster setup that you are not familiar with.

Sorry to be a party pooper

(Columbia County)

Once I get my FnP90 short barrel I'll be carrying that lol and maybe I'll try to conceal it in the winter under a coat lol

West Side of river from Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
    (Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaxi View Post
    Once I get my FnP90 short barrel I'll be carrying that lol and maybe I'll try to conceal it in the winter under a coat lol
    Not much bigger than a Glock 20.... :-)
    With great power comes great responsibility....

Quote Originally Posted by mouse hunter View Post
    Is there anyone out there regularly concealing any truly big guns? I'm talking about big bore magnums, Desert Eagles and the like, not just service size pistols. I suppose if there are any truly crazy folks concealing long guns, you are welcome to chime in too.

I've known plenty of people who concealed a big gun once or twice, but I'm really interested in those who do so regularly. How do you carry it? What kind of holster are you using, and why are you choosing to conceal such a big piece? Also curious about any advice you may have about doing it. Those who used to do so, but stopped, I also want to hear from you.

The lady is telling me I can't get any handguns that I won't actually carry on a regular basis, but I really want a couple of big boys, so I need your expertise on how to carry them, and a long list of reasons why to carry them so I can justify it to her. My primary reason for wanting to do this is simply because they exist, therefore I want them. OC, for the time being, is not going to work for me, though I understand its merits.

Thanks!
    You're first mistake was to ask for permission. Its better to ask for forgiveness. But seriously, there is valid reasons for having larger weapons that aren't great for CC. Perhaps your lady just needs some education.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityK9Cop View Post
    This would eat up my chiropractic visits quick!!!
    That APPEARS to be a rifle with a folding stock. If so, I believe that can land you in some pretty hot water with the law. Now, if that was the pistol version of the AK, then there wouldn't be any problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast