Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Smile O/Cing OF RECENT 11/22/2013

While its too cold to go without a jacket,when In these store Jacket off,Glock 19 in Full visability,Dicks getting Ammo,(only went there because they had 22lr bricks for $23) manager came up and watched me purchase the ammo and left without a word and proceeded to put my jacket on to leave.Next Burger King with all the yahoos from out of state,the most accepting with nods and smiles was the older generations,younger ones looked at me like I grew two heads but would not give me any eye contact.Next was Walmart for electronics,again full visability even manager female who has seen me before came up to conversate and even offered me a job in Sporting goods,Politely declined,but took advantage of a shotgun sale bought a Mossberg did all the paperwork and pics all the while Glock 19 fully exposed,the irony of this sale was their policy is to walk me out of store,but I was fully armed,lol.Lastly Boscovs in Steamtown up-scale store,shopped for over two hours (christmas gifts) not one raised eyebrow and must have been observed by at least 100 customers and staff.Great day to O/C ! All these store are in the local Pocono Mountain Region.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: O/Cing OF RECENT 11/22/2013

I was told to leave the new dicks on rt 611 The day after thier grand opening. Manager saw me heading to checkout. He said I can't have that (pistol) in the store. I handed him my stuff and told him he could put it back. I said dicks does not follow state law? He said no firearms in their stores. I will never go back.

(Lackawanna County)

People still shop a Dick's? Like, real gun owners?

Oh boy a new dicks thread!

INCOMING!

Posted from Pafoa.org App for Android
    People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

(Centre County)

I stopped when you said 'Dicks......'
    I don't watch shark week. Sharks watch FLICK week.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by poconojoe View Post
    I was told to leave the new dicks on rt 611 The day after thier grand opening. Manager saw me heading to checkout. He said I can't have that (pistol) in the store. I handed him my stuff and told him he could put it back. I said dicks does not follow state law? He said no firearms in their stores. I will never go back.

Businesses need only follow laws that pertain to the operation of their business. Gun toting laws (for customers) are not within that scope.

Leaving, and never returning is your best option.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    While its too cold to go without a jacket,when In these store Jacket off,Glock 19 in Full visability,Dicks getting Ammo,(only went there because they had 22lr bricks for $23) manager came up and watched me purchase the ammo and left without a word and proceeded to put my jacket on to leave.Next Burger King with all the yahoos from out of state,the most accepting with nods and smiles was the older generations,younger ones looked at me like I grew two heads but would not give me any eye contact.Next was Walmart for electronics,again full visability even manager female who has seen me before came up to conversate and even offered me a job in Sporting goods,Politely declined,but took advantage of a shotgun sale bought a Mossberg did all the paperwork and pics all the while Glock 19 fully exposed,the irony of this sale was their policy is to walk me out of store,but I was fully armed,lol.Lastly Boscovs in Steamtown up-scale store,shopped for over two hours (christmas gifts) not one raised eyebrow and must have been observed by at least 100 customers and staff.Great day to O/C ! All these store are in the local Pocono Mountain Region.
    Two slight issues:

1) Boscov's isn't anywhere near "up-scale" unless all you're comparing it to is Walmart.

2) Steamtown Mall has those pesky "No Firearm" signs on their doors. I've cc,d there, but I don't feel the desire to push the envelope with OC there.

With that said, congrats on a non-issue OC day.

Do people OC hoping to have someone challenge (or approve) of their method of carry? When I OC, it is based purely on my desire to wear something that won't conceal the weapon I'm carrying.

(Montgomery County)

You remove your jacket when you enter a store?
    Seems it would become inconvenient when it comes to picking things up to look at them in the store or to carry them to the checkout.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by mollymayhem82 View Post
    People still shop a Dick's? Like, real gun owners?
    Same thought here.

I hear "I don't shop there but they had (what I wanted) at ( a good price)." all the time.

Guess what? That means you shop there. That means you support Dicks with your business. Gun owners will continue to be given the short end of the stick if we continue to whore ourselves and our principles out to whoever offers the lowest price.

III% - Stand and be counted

(Northampton County)

I can't believe this shit.

I'm summoning Empty because if I try to handle this my head will explode.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast