Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Info on Douglassville

My wife and I, along with Sister and Brother inlaw, are looking into moving to the Douglassville area. Anyone willing to give me their honest opinion of the area?
    Were in our late 50's I am a long time shooter/gun person. Is this a gun friendly location? How is the area crime wise?
    Love to play golf, ride my Harley. Looking for a 55 + community, perhaps gated. Not worried about employment. Were all retired.
    Any input would surely be appreciated.
    I forgot to mention, we are relocating from Long Island NY

Default Re: Info on Douglassville

I don't live too far from Douglassville. You should PM ChamberedRound he is an Admin on the forum and lives in the Douglassville/Amityville area. Same with billamj.

I'm in Pottstown, but I don't know crime rates in Douglassville. There are tons of golf courses in this area since you like to play golf. I know that there is a 55 retirement community outside of Pottstown in Stowe.

Quote Originally Posted by aubie515 View Post
    I don't live too far from Douglassville. You should PM ChamberedRound he is an Admin on the forum and lives in the Douglassville/Amityville area. Same with billamj.

I'm in Pottstown, but I don't know crime rates in Douglassville. There are tons of golf courses in this area since you like to play golf. I know that there is a 55 retirement community outside of Pottstown in Stowe.
    Thanks very much for the reply/information. I will take your advice and Pm them when we decide to take a trip to the area. Again, I really appreciate the help.
    TJ

(Chester County)

http://www.bestplaces.net/crime/zip-...assville/19518 Douglassville (zip 19518), PA, violent crime, on a scale from 1 (low crime) to 10, is 3. Violent crime is composed of four offenses: murder and nonnegligent manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery, and aggravated assault. The US average is 4.

Douglassville (zip 19518), PA, property crime, on a scale from 1 (low) to 10, is 4. Property crime includes the offenses of burglary, larceny-theft, motor vehicle theft, and arson. The object of the theft-type offenses is the taking of money or property, but there is no force or threat of force against the victims. The US average is 4.

Quote Originally Posted by 243winxb View Post
    http://www.bestplaces.net/crime/zip-...assville/19518 Douglassville (zip 19518), PA, violent crime, on a scale from 1 (low crime) to 10, is 3. Violent crime is composed of four offenses: murder and nonnegligent manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery, and aggravated assault. The US average is 4.

Douglassville (zip 19518), PA, property crime, on a scale from 1 (low) to 10, is 4. Property crime includes the offenses of burglary, larceny-theft, motor vehicle theft, and arson. The object of the theft-type offenses is the taking of money or property, but there is no force or threat of force against the victims. The US average is 4.
    Exactly the type of information that I'm looking for. THANKS!

(Delaware County)

Since you're married and presumed not to be on the prowl, no need to warn you about a crazy ex-girlfriend who lives there!

The Douglasville area is not bad for crime. I have several friends that live there. Since you like to ride your Harley. Check out the Reading Motorcycle club. Just Google it. The club house in Oley is just around the corner from Douglasville.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Berks County)

I live in Douglassville and I'm available to chat if you like. Nice area, low crime, HIGHEST taxes in Berks county.

Housing is affordable, there's at least three gunclubs in the area that I can recommend as well.

Not too close to the city of Philly but close enough to make the trip there if you are so inclined.

PM me and I'll give you my contact information.

TDSjr

(Montgomery County)

422 is a nightmare if you go East in the morning and West in the evenings.

(Berks County)

More importantly is that Manatawny Creek Winery is nearby.
    Let's not forget there are still species of tropical penguins living in the Galapagos.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast