Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Luzerne County)

Default Toy Gun Sentence

From the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel 5-16-08

Man gets 10 years for robberies with toy gun

Waukesha - Despite a prosecutor's recommendation of a year in jail, a Waukesha County circuit judge imposed a 10-year prison term on a 21-year-old Waukesha man convicted of carrying on a crime spree with a fake handgun.

In sentencing Matthew S. Baker, Judge Lee S. Dreyfus Jr. said: "When someone puts a gun to somebody's head and robs them, they are going to go to prison. It's just that simple."

Baker's crime spree between November 2006 and March 2007 included two armed robberies, burglaries and criminal damage to property.

FINALLY A JUDGE THAT SENTENCES SOMEONE CORRECTLY ( MY Opinion not from the newspaper article)
    Last edited by schr8er2000; May 16th, 2008 at 08:52 AM.

Default Re: Toy Gun Sentence

Quote Originally Posted by schr8er2000 View Post
    FINALLY A JUDGE THAT SENTENCES SOMEONE CORRECTLY
    LOL, truly...I thought this post was going to be about how "it was just a toy gun" but I'm happy to see it's the complete opposite.

If only more people in our "justice" system would actually hand down punishments to people instead of making them take a shortened "time out" from society to think about things, BGs might be disuaded to continue thier criminal lives a little.

(Venango County)

Default Re: Toy Gun Sentence

See...I have one small problem with this......It's not the gun used....it's the crime committed....

the quote should have been..when someone robs someone else, they go to prison...nuff said.....

Would it have been better if if the assailant had a knife, baseball bat, or the dreaded bottle of Cheez Whiz?...No...Armed robbery is the crime, it has nothing to do with the type of weapon they are armed with....

:end rant:

Glock Pistols.......So simple a Caveman could fix them!