Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Customer Shoots Armed Robber in Family Dollar

Quote Originally Posted by zlaya View Post
    You sound like a daggone liberal! What happened to personal responsibility? If everyone was responsible for their well being, there wouldn't even be a robbery. That's what I am trying to get at.

Am I saying if your kid was in a burning house and I was passing by I wouldn't stop and do everything I can to help him? No I am not saying that at all. I was just referring to the scenario that the OP posted about.
    Most employers don't allow people to carry a firearm while on company property, so them being responsible for their own actions is kind of moot. Unless of course, you feel that those people that are working a low paying job should attempt to find another low paying job from the very few that are out there that allows them to carry.

Regardless of all that, I guess I was raised differently because I was brought up to help people in need, not to run away. But by all means, do whatever you feel is right, but then don't be surprised when no one wants to help you out.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Most employers don't allow people to carry a firearm while on company property, so them being responsible for their own actions is kind of moot. Unless of course, you feel that those people that are working a low paying job should attempt to find another low paying job from the very few that are out there that allows them to carry.

Regardless of all that, I guess I was raised differently because I was brought up to help people in need, not to run away. But by all means, do whatever you feel is right, but then don't be surprised when no one wants to help you out.
    Most people don't know that I feel the way I do...soooo

(Lancaster County)

Most people don't know that I feel the way I do...soooo
    ...and Karma's a bitch. Just remember though, you posted your what you'd do on this forum, don't be surprised if you ask for help here someday that you don't receive it.

You sound like a daggone liberal! What happened to personal responsibility? If everyone was responsible for their well being, there wouldn't even be a robbery. That's what I am trying to get at.

Am I saying if your kid was in a burning house and I was passing by I wouldn't stop and do everything I can to help him? No I am not saying that at all. I was just referring to the scenario that the OP posted about.
    The problem is, you don't know the whole scenario. Perhaps the armed robber pointed his weapon at store patrons as he forced the employee through the store, threatening everyone.

The story doesn't say one way or the other but making statements when there are unknown variables doesn't show you in a good light.

CL

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    ...and Karma's a bitch. Just remember though, you posted your what you'd do on this forum, don't be surprised if you ask for help here someday that you don't receive it.
    I don't believe in karma...but hey to each his own man. You go on helping people until you end up with a murder charge...then we'll talk.

I also want to add that most members on this forum wouldn't need my help if they were in a store that was hit by an armed robbery...again...just sayin.

(Jefferson County)

Pretty stupid in my opinion. I would have just attempted to leave, and used my firearm only if my life is threatened. What about the other people? Well f**k em, that's what.
    Robbery is a threat upon someone's life. It is a forcible felony with great risk of life or limb to the victim(s).

Robbery isn't just simple theft. It is theft with implied or actual threat to the victim. In a robbery situation compliance and defiance of the victim doesn't really matter, they are still at threat and face whatever the perp has in mind.

Very few, if any, states prohibit the use of force against a robber.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Robbery is a threat upon someone's life. It is a forcible felony with great risk of life or limb to the victim(s).

Robbery isn't just simple theft. It is theft with implied or actual threat to the victim. In a robbery situation compliance and defiance of the victim doesn't really matter, they are still at threat and face whatever the perp has in mind.

Very few, if any, states prohibit the use of force against a robber.
    Whether or not they do...with the current political climate in our country, I ain't shootin' at anyone who is not threatening my life, or life of my family.

(Lancaster County)

I don't believe in karma...but hey to each his own man. You go on helping people until you end up with a murder charge...then we'll talk.

I also want to add that most members on this forum wouldn't need my help if they were in a store that was hit by an armed robbery...again...just sayin.
    If something ever happens that you need help with legal fees, then I expect you not to be asking for help in raising them because it's your personal responsibility to pay for that yourself. Help can come in many forms and be needed at anytime.

But you've made up your mind that you're not willing to help those in need, hope you could live with yourself if you saw something like that and ran away just to find that everyone was killed and you could have stopped it.

(Monroe County)

Whether or not they do...with the current political climate in our country, I ain't shootin' at anyone who is not threatening my life, or life of my family.
    When I read your posts I think of an old saying " can't see the Forrest through the trees"

If you are in a store and armed just because they go for the safe it doesn't mean they won't shoot a customer or rob them as well. You pull a gun around me and start waiving it about then you get what you get. The F'em comment speaks volumes about your mindset. Good luck in life.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by DennisH82 View Post
    When I read your posts I think of an old saying " can't see the Forrest through the trees"

If you are in a store and armed just because they go for the safe it doesn't mean they won't shoot a customer or rob them as well. You pull a gun around me and start waiving it about then you get what you get. The F'em comment speaks volumes about your mindset. Good luck in life.
    Same to you sir. I hope you never find yourself in that situation, murder, then get charged by some politically motivate liberal, and then convicted by a crowd of moms against violence.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast