Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: the last hurrah rifle

Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Official Gun Bully and corn flakes pisser inner since March 2007.

(Philadelphia County)

one of the many definitions of the word epic:

adj. Surpassing the usual or ordinary, particularly in scope or size.

just so ya know.

but to answer some of the other questions.....Function, while extremely important, is secondary to overall wow factor with this purchase. I have many other guns that function just fine, but i am at the stage where i want to get away from the norm. I have revolvers....but my last purchase was a Rhino. I like the unique and different. I think i sold myself on the Kriss. After the kid starts school and i get my daycare money back, i will start looking at things like the M1A and the Bullpups. thanks everyone for your input.

(Wayne County)

I always sleep with my guns when you are gone

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.357 View Post
    I thought about an m1a (scout squad or socom 16). This is just the hardest purchase I've ever had to make because I know they will become significantly less frequent. So I want to make sure this one is epic.
    The other members make a good point that from a practical standpoint the 16 incher might be a little impractical and that the 18 inch model makes more sense but it's truly an unforgettable rifle, now a days they make a ton of very effective muzzle breaks also. Lazy made a good suggestion with the Remington ACR too.

Quote Originally Posted by animalmother85 View Post
    You know things can be epic beyond the sky, the ocean, the cosmos and books. Case in point:

Them be epic bewbs, epic bewbs are epic and so on.

As for FAIL have you seen Obamacare? That's an epic fail sorry..
    Last edited by LifeInPa; November 20th, 2013 at 08:17 PM.
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

(Luzerne County)

that I must be getting old
    Yeah....it happens. I read through this set of ideas and found myself thinking again and again...what do you do with one of those things once you have one? Cant hunt with one. Not going to war, are you? A lot of $ for a plinker.
    Truthfully, however, many of my own guns are just the same....they go to the range only. The guns that I hunt with are way fewer in number than the guns that I own.

An alternative to the Tavor/Kriss option.....180 degrees away....if you want cool and something that none of your friends has....buy something BIG. A Ruger #1 Tropical in .375 H&H or, better yet, in .416 Rigby. Buy the rifle. Buy some brass, dies, bullets, etc. and reload your own. You are still under budget.
    Guaranteed way more excitement per trigger pull.
    Pete
    “Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games.”Hemingway ...

On the same lines of big and epic, how about something completely different, like a S&W 500? It will definitely get some looks at the range, and is truly epic to shoot IMO. If you want a rifle, my vote would be for a M1A, they may not have the super cool factor of some of the new stuff like the Vector, but they are an awesome rifle, and much more useful IMO. PS90 would be a good choice too, but the ammo is a little too rare and pricey for my tastes.
    Last edited by 87hurricane; November 29th, 2013 at 08:59 AM.

(Philadelphia County)

I bought something....I'm a little embarrassed at what I decided on since it's not epic or different but it was one of those as soon as you shoot it moments, you just know.....I gotta have it! I ended up getting an Arsenal SAM7SF. I know I know.......but as soon as I shot one I knew right then and there that I needed to own that rifle. Just waiting for mine to arrive.

(Montgomery County)

Looks good to me. Nothing wrong with an AK that has a forged receiver. Cheap to feed, should be very reliable. More pros than cons. Better choice than what you originally mentioned, IMO. How much did it set you back?
    You can never have enough horsepower or ammunition.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234