Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ammo

(Berks County)

Default Re: Ammo

Campy,

I am working on the issue too, but for a relative. I have heard that both the Pow'R Ball, Guard Dog & Hornady are AND are not legal for defensive use in NJ. Even a retiring NJ Trooper I spoke with was not sure as to whether he/she could continue to carry HP or these three variants after retiring.

I would recommend contacting the NJSP & NJ Attorney General's office for clarification. Get it in writing too.

just my .02

(Northampton County)

Thank you PA Certified Agent for your clear and accurate discussion on expanding bullets in NJ. Several thousand NJ residents have a carry permit. Nearly all of these are work related or retired Police officers, covered by HR218. The number of regular people with a CCW is very near zero.
    Teaching people how to shoot safely and accurately for 54 years. www.gunskills.com

Sorry for the delay in responding, been out and about.
    Thanks for the info, my OP was concerning cc out of NJ on my Utah permit and for home defense in NJ.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Glockman View Post
    Thank you PA Certified Agent for your clear and accurate discussion on expanding bullets in NJ. Several thousand NJ residents have a carry permit. Nearly all of these are work related or retired Police officers, covered by HR218. The number of regular people with a CCW is very near zero.

For what it's worth, what he posted appears to be a copy/paste of someone else's words.

He didn't "just sign up" - he's been here since 2008.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12