Quote Originally Posted by QuackXP View Post

Out of Improved, Modified and Full what would be a good starting point for Trap? I know I will need to pattern the firearm with the ammo I use to get a definitive answer. But with an Improved choke will I just be spreading the shot out way to much? Right now I have #8 shot target loads.
Depends on how fast you are at acquiring the target and breaking the bird.
Modified works pretty well for most casual trap shooters. It's more forgiving if you're not on target. Just don't let the bird get to far out. If that seems to happen you might opt for the Full. If you can't break the birds with the full, it generally means you're not on the target and need to check the fit of your gun and your technique (hold points, swing, etc).

On that particular shotgun (when deployed for trap) you may have to cover the bird with your muzzle to break it. Because they are rising you'll need to lead them a bit. Real trap shotguns have adjustable combs or built in leads. Trap guns permit you to float the bird over the front bead so it stays in your line of vision it's entire flight until you break it. Field guns typically don't have any lead built in. So in order to lead the bird enough you have to cover it with your barrel right before you pull the trigger.

Anyways, if you want to know more just PM me.